Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    DB4L
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    133

    Mountain biking near Oberlin, OH?

    Is there any mountain biking near Oberlin, OH, or around Cleveland, especially to the west and south?
    Last edited by Sunn Xchox; 03-31-2009 at 08:40 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,531
    How far are you willing to drive?

    Mohican Wilderness is near Mansfield.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: blumena84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    585
    findley state park (rooty some switch backs) , vultures knob (don't know if open right now), west branch(very wide arrange of trails anything from singletrack to rock gardens) . medina reagen park (rooty some tech sections). you could also drive to rays i think they are open for atleast another week probably the best thing cleveland has going for it , mtb wise.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12
    Findley is the closest for sure. Mohican is the best within 40 miles.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by blumena84
    ... you could also drive to rays i think they are open for atleast another week probably the best thing cleveland has going for it at all.

    fixed it.

    If you see a pizza hut / KFC near the Cleveland Clinic with iron bars on the windows and doors, don't eat there.

  6. #6
    CS2
    CS2 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunn Xchox
    Is there any mountain biking near Oberlin, OH, or around Cleveland, especially to the west and south?
    In the early ninties I used to ride the bridle path in the Strongsville and Brecksville reservation. That was before the Rangers had MTB's. I'm 51 now and know I can't outride them. Last year they opened up some trails in Garfield Hts by the park that had MTB specific trails.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: the bionic knee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    109
    http://joinomba.org/trails/index.php/Main_Page

    As far as I know, Vulture's Knob is the only trail dry and rideable right now. Also, Ray's is hosting the Dirt Rag 20th Anniversay Party this weekend.
    better than he was before. better. stronger. faster.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by emtnate
    fixed it.

    If you see a pizza hut / KFC near the Cleveland Clinic with iron bars on the windows and doors, don't eat there.
    Ohh look the typical anti-Cleveland response.

    A big city with bad parts? I dont believe it one bit.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,531
    Oh come on. lighten up.

    I haven't been to Cleveland many times, and I know the clinic is in a bad part of town, a few things stick out.

    1. the river once caught on fire.
    2. a particular pizza hut / kfc was robbed at gunpoint while we were eating lunch.
    3. It is nice downtown by the lake.
    4. rock and roll hall of fame.

    there equal positives and negative, happy?

  10. #10
    JmZ
    JmZ is offline
    Reformed Lurker
    Reputation: JmZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,015
    Case Western's in the same part of town too if I remember right.

    Without the river fire, there wouldn't be Burning River Ale.

    Cleveland's like a lot of decent sized cities, some good things, some not so good. The riding around Cleve still needs improvement and Camba's on the case, but it's gonna take time.

    There's a great park system (see comment about Camba though), and the race at the airport, and the airshow are all a blast. Also like the fireworks down at the lake, and heading to Sandusky for Cedar Point or going to the islands.

    And with Cleveland, at least there is SOME elevation. I've told the other half I won't move to Toldeo because of the dearth of riding opportunities.

    JmZ

    Quote Originally Posted by emtnate
    Oh come on. lighten up.

    I haven't been to Cleveland many times, and I know the clinic is in a bad part of town, a few things stick out.

    1. the river once caught on fire.
    2. a particular pizza hut / kfc was robbed at gunpoint while we were eating lunch.
    3. It is nice downtown by the lake.
    4. rock and roll hall of fame.

    there equal positives and negative, happy?
    JmZ

    From one flat land to another.

    Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •