It rains here. :(

MOMBA info request

So I'm out riding MOMBA, and a couple times now I see riders take off past the barn and head in a different direction than the normal trailhead....so my question is, are there some new trails that aren't on the map that don't use the normal trailhead. Guess I could just go explore but I don't like treading where I'm not supposed to be. It's a great system and all, but if there's more to it I'd like to be riding it. At John Bryan they are adding trails and it's open to riders so I was wondering if this is the same sorta deal.
    Last edited by Umbrous; 08-26-2009 at 09:05 AM.
    07 GF Rig

mtbr member
    as soon as the trail dry's up and all this rain goes away im hittn up MOMBA and i will go check it out, cause honestly i wanna know whats back there too. might be an awesome secret place with treasue and a pub?
    MY BIKES
    Trek 4300
    Mirraco Blink

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Are you talking about just riding out past the barn in the field area? They used that area for the race a couple of weekends ago. Doesn't really go anywhere other than back by the powerline areas. I suppose it could be used as a shortcut although it isn't advised.

mtbr member
    yea just past the barn. aight cool thanks for lettn us know. i missed the race that weekend.. and gear fest errr... how'd that race turn out?
    MY BIKES
    Trek 4300
    Mirraco Blink

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I made Gearfest…super good time, but I missed the race. I heard nothing but good things about it. Heard there were a few mishaps, but you have to expect that. That was a bunch of people to be flying around singletrack like that!

Tomorrow evening is “Mombaween” starting at 4p. If the rain stays away, the trails might be good enough for a ride beforehand. I plan to swing in a little later...probably after dark. Someone mentioned that Roll will have some demo lights on hand?

mtbr member
    hmm snaging some demo lights would be awesome since good lights are super expencive. thanks for the heads up bro. hope the rain dose stay way i wanna hit up alum creek this weekend.. but if they close the park, then that was a waste of a 81 min drive...
    MY BIKES
    Trek 4300
    Mirraco Blink