mtbr member

Mohican State Park

Thought I'd share this exerpt from my blog over here.(the whole blog is linked at the bottom in my sig.) This place is great, thanks to anyone who has ever done trail maintenance here.

Mohican State Park - Loudonville, OH

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite trails in the country. A 24 mile loop that is 23.5 miles of incredibly well maintained singletrack. For every climb you are rewarded with a smooth, swooping downhill. I have now completed the loop twice and cut it in half once, this place is going to be a regular stop. The pictures are from last year when I rode it the first time and the video is from this past trip. When I went to bed at the trailhead the night before everything was covered in a light blanket of snow, when I woke it was a great Spring day.

One of my favorite signs in the world.

I must apologize for turning the camera off early in this video. A minute after I stopped the camera my handlebars caught a tree and sent me flying over the bars, it was a classic wreck and the way I landed would have looked great on film. It was around the 22 mile mark and I was feeling it, my brain saw the tree and said "you aren't gonna make it between those trees", my tired body responded with "that is why you are the brain smart guy" and then did nothing to avoid it.
    MOHICAN VIDEO 1

This is a great downhill section that is alot of fun, the uphill section really caught me off gaurd at the end and I was more concerned with preserving the battery on the camera than dropping gears to climb. I really can make this climb.
    No, I can pedal this, I can.
    MOHICAN VIDEO 2

I really can make that climb.

MOHICAN VIDEO 3

mtbr member
    Mohican is a great place to ride. I can't get over how dry it looks compared to where I live. All my trails are completely swamped with water and mud, and I only live 2 and a half hours from there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm going to try to make it up there sometime this summer. I've heard some good things about the trails.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    is there a motel near the park? i want to go there for memorial day weekend. i looked on the net but it dosent seem to be many places to stay near by.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost458
    is there a motel near the park? i want to go there for memorial day weekend. i looked on the net but it dosent seem to be many places to stay near by.
    There area few small places close by. http://www.loudonville-mohican.com/accomm-quick.html

The State park Lodge is nice but a little expensive.

Other then that there are more places about 20 Minutes away in Bellville at the Interstate 71 and State RT 97 exit. Those can fillup quick if there is activity at Mid-Ohio Racetrack.

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher29
    There area few small places close by. http://www.loudonville-mohican.com/accomm-quick.html

The State park Lodge is nice but a little expensive.

Other then that there are more places about 20 Minutes away in Bellville at the Interstate 71 and State RT 97 exit. Those can fillup quick if there is activity at Mid-Ohio Racetrack.
    Looking to go riding there soon, and figured would be a good idea to see when the racers were coming too...

2009 MID-OHIO SPORTS CAR COURSE SCHEDULE

June 19-21 EMCO Gears Classic presented by KeyBank
    Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series
    June 26-28 Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio
    July 17-19 Honda Super Cycle Weekend presented by Dunlop Tire
    AMA Pro Racing
    July 24-26 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days
    Aug. 7-9 Acura Sports Car Challenge
    American Le Mans Series
    The Honda Indy 200 presented by Westfield Insurance
    IndyCar Series
    Sept. 11-13 AMA Road Race Grand Championships

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

Giant Anthem
    Quote Originally Posted by New World Man
    Thought I'd share this exerpt from my blog over here.(the whole blog is linked at the bottom in my sig.) This place is great, thanks to anyone who has ever done trail maintenance here.
    Cool blog dude-I now where to go to check out our countries trails!
    Racing and Training Blog
    http://dirtandgears.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Awesome! I just started mtn biking in Atlanta, but am from a town about 20 minutes outside Mohican. I can't wait to try the trail when I go home!