-G-
    dirt camper
    Nov 2005

New question here. Looking for East (and SE) side of Louisville trails

Hi folks, my wife is working some outside Louisville this summer and we have a camper set up in Taylorsville, KY. We did a little exploring around Taylorsville Lake and found some mixed use (horse, hiker, bikes) trails at the Taylorsville Lake State Park, but wondering where else there might be some mountain biking options in this area or close to Louisville. Looking for XC types of trails, nothing too burly (she is recovering from a broken ankle and is still being very conservative). We walked a little bit of the Taylorsville S.P. trails, and they seemed fine, even though they definitely were beaten down by the horses riding after what must have been fairly heavy rains.

Any tips on where to go would be appreciated.

BTW, you folks have some incredible road bicycling options near Taylorsville; it about killed me not to have my road bike this weekend.

Cheers,
    G
    Last edited by -G-; 06-15-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: had wrong direction listed

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Take a look here: Trail Map

Trail condition updates and a good chunk of the trails in Indiana, with a few close to Louisville too.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Capital View park located in Frankfort KY has some fun xc trails. Nothing too crazy. Not sure how far you are willing to travel. Google says its about an hour drive from Taylorsville.