mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Licking County and Central Ohio

Hey guys just trying to get word out that I've started a facebook page for Licking County and Central Ohio mountain bikers to help meet new riders and organize rides, etc. Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules. Not selling anything, just trying to help mountain bikers ride with other mountain bikers! http://www.facebook.com/centralohiomtb

mtbr member
    checked it out. by the way, what is Star Hill?
    Ride first, drinks after!

@endo_2011

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by endo_2012 View Post
    checked it out. by the way, what is Star Hill?
    Star Hill is a "secret" local trail behind Heath. Around 7-8 miles of trails. Hit me up on the facebook page if you'd like to check it out!

mtbr member
    "Liked" the page, I'm in Granville glad to see others in the area. I tried to check out Star Hill trails once, but I was by myself and wasn't 100% sure where they started. Wandered around the cul-de-sac but there was construction crews and people all over, worried I would make someone mad tramping through where I wasn't welcome.

I'd like to ride it, I usually ride Denison or Alum on my way to work, and I have a little challenge loop in my woods but it's only a mile so far.
    Last edited by swingset; 11-08-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    "Wait, this thing doesn't have a motor?" - Socrates

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by swingset View Post
    "Liked" the page, I'm in Granville glad to see others in the area. I tried to check out Star Hill trails once, but I was by myself and wasn't 100% sure where they started. Wandered around the cul-de-sac but there was construction crews and people all over, worried I would make someone made tramping through where I wasn't welcome.

I'd like to ride it, I usually ride Denison or Alum on my way to work, and I have a little challenge loop in my woods but it's only a mile so far.
    Glad you came to the Facebook page. The Star Hill trails are kind of hard to figure out. I went by myself the first time and was down there for a couple hours. I'd be glad to show you around sometime. I had no idea there were trails at Denison. Where are they located? Are they public?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fargon View Post
    Glad you came to the Facebook page. The Star Hill trails are kind of hard to figure out. I went by myself the first time and was down there for a couple hours. I'd be glad to show you around sometime. I had no idea there were trails at Denison. Where are they located? Are they public?
    Sounds good, always up for company! Drop me a PM and we'll hit the trails.

Denison Biological Reserve on 661 just north of Granville has a network of trails that are open to foot or bicycle use. They're not "mtb" trails, per se, so they're kind of easy, but there's hills and footbridges and stuff so it's a good place for some exercise and nice scenery, only 5 minutes from me. Not super challenging, but my wife likes it because she's a noob.

If you park at the parking lot by the baseball diamonds, you'll see a driveway to a little house there that goes by and around it, follow that and through the gate and there's a whole bunch of marked trails back there.
    "Wait, this thing doesn't have a motor?" - Socrates