mtbr member

Lexington, KY Trails

Hello,

I am looking for mountain bike trails in the Lexington, KY area. Might be taking some trips over here for family and would like to check out the local scene. I live in the mountains of WV so I am open for any level of terrain (high gain, average, etc), length (short or long), or difficulty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know when I have driven through in the past it looks like some good potential. Hopefully there are some tails without a lot of horse biscuits.

Thanks,

A
    Can you hook that up to your car?.......

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Your best bet may be on the way to Lexington from WV. The Cave Run Lake area has some nice trails (Caney Loop, Buckskin Trail, Sheltowee Trace, etc.). It offers some great riding if the horse riders haven't mucked up the trails. Veterans Park in Lexington also has some trails. I've never been there, so I can't say how good they are, but some people like them.

You might want to try posting at www.bikeclicks.com to get more info. There are a couple of people who live in the Lexington and Cave Run areas who'd be able to help you out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Lexington has no mountain bike trails. It's pitiful really that something hasn't been built there yet. It would be a major stretch to call Veterans Park a mtb trail. If you have to drive more than 4 minutes to get there, it wouldn't be worth it.

Your best bet is to follow s0ckeyeus' advice and hit some trails on the way there. Or drive 20 minutes further to Frankfort and hit up Capital View, it's a lot of fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    No public lands around Lexington, KY that isn't already made into a golf course. Sad, but true.

The Morehead area, an hour east of Lexington has some great rides as sOckeyus said.

Some good riding in Louisville. Better riding in Indiana if you got time to run over to Brown County State Park.