mtbr member

KY - LBL North South Canal Loop rides 1st week of April

Anybody been riding the Canal Loop or North/South lately?

I will be at the lake all next week looking to get some rides in if anyone can join. I'd love to get some miles in with some company if anyone has time during the week. The best time for me is early morning.

I always end up doing laps on the Canal so if anyone wants to get in a longer ride on the N/S trail I am all for it.

I looked at the KYMBA website but didn't see much activity lately.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I have ridden the loop a few times this month. Its been hard to catch it on a dry weekend. I normally ride the loop at least once a month so if your ever wanting to ride it let me know. I normally have a few others that ride with me also.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Check out. Wood-Wave for trail con and group rides.

mtbr member
    Just an FYI.... for anyone who searches LBL and finds this thread. My plans changed a little so I was only able to get out for one day. I started at dawn and did an out and back from the North Welcome center on the NORTH/SOUTH trail. I was limited on time so I only made it 15 miles South before I had to turn around.

I had a blast though, that is a good trail (of what I saw) and was fun in both directions. Some minor erosion problems here and there. Some day I am going to get the 60 miler version in but this wasn't the week for that.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    How are the trails at LBL? I have read many reviews online but descriptions seem to vary. From what I read it is a lot of paved and trails. Curious to how much single track style trails there are there (I don't care if it is wide enough for double/triple track, as long it has the technical aspects of a single track). Since getting to Campbell, I have done everything I can find in the local (20 minute radius) I can find. Have been thinking about traveling north up to LBL, but want to see if it is worth the drive.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Very much worth the drive up. There is a really good mix of double and single track trails, with more single. Lots of flowy terrain, but there are definately some good technical sections of single track for you, if thats what you are looking for. LBL is a great ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

LBL close to Ft Campbell

LBL is definitely worth the trip from Ft. Campbell. We drive down to camp at Hillman's Ferry campground and I break away to ride the Canal Loop or the NS trail.

You are too close to not ride it.

Josh

mtbr member
    What kind of bike do you have extrmtao? I live about 45 min or so from the loop and have trying to decide what kind of bike is best for the trails in this area. I was considering a 26 trek full suspension bike. I know the trails out here will never really make use of a full suspension bike but other trails in the surrounding areas such as ft. duffield should no?

mtbr member
    I've ridden everything from full sus to fully rigid. Currently I ride a NINER SIR. It's really up to you. I would suggest renting or demo'ing from wood N wave to figure out what you like.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    I never knew they rented bikes, awesome. Thanks for the info!