Thread: Ky Dh?

Oh my Gaaawwd!

Ky Dh?

I is from Ohio and am getting into DH. Is there any major or just plain cool DH place in Kintukee?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Is that how they teach you to speak in OH?

KY's more of a XC/AM kind of state. There are supposedly some DH trails at Ft. Duffield (southwest of Louisville), but I haven't been out there. The Cave Run Lake area has some good steep descents, but you usually have to ride up a ways to get to them.
    Last edited by s0ckeyeus; 06-09-2009 at 01:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Yes, Fort Duffield on the SW side of Louisville has some real DH trails. With some crazy jumps and gaps. Not super long trails, but a blast. You have to pedal up one of the trails to get back down. If you're looking for shuttle service I would guess snowshoe west VA to be the closest thing to you.

Oh my Gaaawwd!
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus
    Is that how they teach you to speak in OH?
    I thought thats how it was in KY. jk . anyways...
    Thanks, I know about snowshoe but i thought there might be some more stuff closer to WV or TN. Im more of an AM rider anyhow and I really havent ever looked into kentucky MTB. Are there any popular XC/AM spots I should look into?
    ~~~Porkchop Sandwiches!!!~~~

_I_
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pdub660
    I thought thats how it was in KY. jk . anyways...
    Thanks, I know about snowshoe but i thought there might be some more stuff closer to WV or TN. Im more of an AM rider anyhow and I really havent ever looked into kentucky MTB. Are there any popular XC/AM spots I should look into?
    Naw, that their is Tinnisee.

A few KY trails,
    http://www.singletracks.com/php/data...me&state_id=17

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Windrock, Oliver Springs TN. Depending on where you are in KY it might be a bit of a haul but I hear it has some pretty crazy DH stuff. I'm looking to head down there later this summer, once the back heals up