Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    QUIT yer BEOTCHIN

Just moved to Cheviot(Cincinnati,OH) where is the singletrack

Just moved from Colorado and looking for the goods. I love singletrack technical steep and fast preferably but after almost a week out of the saddle...I am chomping at the bit. PLEASE help me! Need riding buddies too!

Cheers
    Lewie
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

........Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?

k_z
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Try joinomba.org/trails - (sorry for screwed up link but can't post entire one - have not enought posts on this forum).

I personally ride at Hueston Woods and Harbin Park as it is shortest drive for me from West Chester. Harbin is almost entirely single track...

mtbr member
    www.spokejunkie.com has some info on ohio trails! Some of the info may be a little dated, but still a good reference.
    Ride first, drinks after!

@endo_2011

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    East Fork, Mitchell Memorial are good ones.

Good info at coramtb.org
    Cincinnati Off Road Alliance

QUIT yer BEOTCHIN
    T hank you for the help gentlemen!
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

NMBP
    Welcome! If you ever make it up to Columbus, we can show you around. Also, look for info on Mohican, it is about an hour from Columbus, and is one of the best trails in Ohio.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Sure. I imagine it would be quite different than what you are used to in Colorado.

QUIT yer BEOTCHIN
    I appreciate I will check it out and try and make it to Columbus soon.
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

QUIT yer BEOTCHIN
    Yes it is different than Colorado but still fun. Very similar to riding in central Texas. Rode Mitchell Memorial today; fun, great quick little ride!....close too.
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

mtbr member
    You may also want to check out Brown county in Indiana. By far, better than any trail system in Ohio. Versailles Indiana isn't to far from Cincinnati, so you might want to check that out as well.
    Ride first, drinks after!

@endo_2011

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Also check out Idlewild in Florence. It is on idlewild road. It is one of my favorite trail systems close to Cinci.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Cave Run would also be a good place to ride once the forest service segregates the trails. Right now they are shared with horses, but several of them are in great shape this time of the year. We could do a 50 mile loop. If you want shown around let me know. If you don't have a local you could end up on a trail that is destroyed and pot holed by the horses.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    I just rode at Devou Park in Covington, KY and had a great time.

I don't have much to compare it to, but it had some technical stuff and some pretty fun fast parts that scared me into wanting to go back!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Cincinnati area trails

- Mitchell Memorial has a good 8-mile singletrack, fast in some parts, technical/rocky in others. Overall a great ride.
    - Harbin park is a good after-work ride, where I'm just looking for a good workout. Lot of roots and rutted trail. I have a love/hate relationship with this trail.
    - Caesar's Creek has extensive trail system, but poorly marked. It'll take a few times out there to figure out where you're going. Decent trails, though.
    - Eastfork -- they've done a lot of work out here and it's actually some really good riding. Depending on where you live, it could be a haul to get out there, though.
    - MOMBA in Dayton -- best trail system in the area, IMHO. Great twisty singletrack. Fast. Good trail maintenance and great marking system/maps.
    - Idelwild, KY -- Another great trail system and marked fairly well. I like riding out here but never enough time to get out here more than a couple times a year.
    - I've heard Hueston Woods is good, but have not riden out there yet.
    - Versailles, IN -- Great trail system!! Worth the drive. Only been once this year, but we loved it.
    - Tower Park, KY -- Not trying to be rude to anyone, but these trails suck. Don't waste your time. Some people like them, for whatever reason. Never again.

I think there's a few others in the area that I missed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Also check out Idlewild in Florence. It is on idlewild road. It is one of my favorite trail systems close to Cinci.
    Was able to get through the beginner, intermediate, and climbed the technical on my way back to the parking lot (accidentally).

Was a nice afternoon, but my skills were lacking to take full advantage. Just felt like whenever I was getting in a good rhythm there would be 2 really close trees to pass through or a hill I had to hike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Little off point, but wanted the opinion of people who ride in my area. I am looking to purchase my first mountain bike. So much info out there that has my head swimming. I am 37 years old and consider myself to be in good shape and pretty athletic guy. I would like to spend around $1000-$1500 dollars. Looking for best bang for buck. I'm looking to ride to stay in shape. No racing or anything like that. LBS carries Giant, Cannondale, and Specialized. I will probably stick to one of those brand since I will be using their services. Any opions on which bike is the best bang and suited for local trail. FS would be nice, but in my price point, quality issues? Also, considering this bike in a 26. Have a 9 year old son that may end up getting this ride after a few years if I decide to upgrade. 29 be to much for a teenager???

Thanks

mtbr member
    In cincy for 8-10 day from Golden, Co. I brought my Yeti with me. Anyone want to ride in the next week. Looking to explore as much as possible. Let me know.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by coloskifreak View Post
    In cincy for 8-10 day from Golden, Co. I brought my Yeti with me. Anyone want to ride in the next week. Looking to explore as much as possible. Let me know.
    I'm off Wednesday, but it's looking like crummy weather... I just bought my first bike and am not in the greatest of shape but may be up for a ride somewhere (I live 10 minutes east of Caesar Creek, 20 south of MOMBA, but work in downtown Cincy).

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coloskifreak View Post
    I ride a Yeti(s) also and would love to show a fellow member of the tribe around, but the trails in the area are closed right now. There are a few that can only be riden while frozen solid. The dirt here is a little different, becomes very thick mud that leaves bad ruts and destroys the trail.

Do you come here any other times of the year?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    just moved up here to northern kentucky from atlanta, live about 10 mins from idlewild. I just got my first bike back in November, but have only gotten a chance to ride idlewild twice. also looking for people to ride with. my skills are basically beginner level as i have two rides under my belt. i also suck wind pretty quick lol. just keep that in mind.

also heard devu(sp?) park had some good trails but are fairly technical.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gregers05 View Post
    just moved up here to northern kentucky from atlanta, live about 10 mins from idlewild. I just got my first bike back in November, but have only gotten a chance to ride idlewild twice. also looking for people to ride with. my skills are basically beginner level as i have two rides under my belt. i also suck wind pretty quick lol. just keep that in mind.

EI is a good one to live close to!

Devou is my favorite in NKY. It has some good climbs though! If you can muscle the ten minute climb on the incinerator trail, the loop at the top is pretty intermediate, but flows really good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
    EI is a good one to live close to!

Devou is my favorite in NKY. It has some good climbs though! If you can muscle the ten minute climb on the incinerator trail, the loop at the top is pretty intermediate, but flows really good.
    sounds fun, but will have to work up to that 10 min climb lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Im a 10 min bike ride from ei. Absolutely love it. Cant get enough. I had a Rocky Mtn Vertex 29er hardtail last year but am getting a fs any day. I dont know anyone who rides (the way i like to). Im definately down when the weather lets up for sure!

QUIT yer BEOTCHIN

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by gregers05 View Post

I have been riding some fun stuff. Harbin Park has made for some really fun snow rides. I haven't ridden Devou; EI is awesome Tower Park is fun as well. When the weather allows for more riding I will be doing either Tue. or Thurs. night rides on a weekly basis Sundays will be longer ride days for me. There is some really fun riding around here
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

undercover brother
    Devou is a blast. I wouldn't say they are technical, just fast and flowy. They have some "downhill" runs, which are a blast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast