Hooked

Indy trails and rentals

Making an effort this year to sneak some trail riding into my normal biz travel. Generally I fly, so wont have a bike w/ me (and size of rental car unreliable re transporting bike). Looking for trail recommendations and rental locations. One close to other is big bonus.

Hit Indy every couple of months. In fact trip planned in next couple of weeks. Love, love, love Brown County State Park, but looking to also try trails closer into the city. Suggestions? Ideally need both trail and rental location.

Thanks for help! This next trip hotel will be in Carmel area, but I can usually plan my own hotel locations to best fit my plans
    My blog - this, that, travel, garden, bikes, fitness, family, whatever

Instagram, Twitter you'll find me as beerbikegirl

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Bicycle Garage Indy North rents bikes. They are fairly close to Town Run Trail Park, 8 miles of fast flowing singletrack. This is the most popular place in the city to ride so can get fairly busy, but worth it. Right now trail is flooded but should be rideable within the next week or two.

Website has forum with trail conditions and info.

Both on the NE side of the city right near Carmel.

Links below
    Bicycle Garage Indy - Indianapolis and Greenwood, IN - Cannondale Trek Giant Haro Redline Bikes
    Hoosier Mountain Bike Association - Index

Hooked

Indy trails and rentals

Quote Originally Posted by Fourstringsquire View Post
    Bicycle Garage Indy North rents bikes. They are fairly close to Town Run Trail Park, 8 miles of fast flowing singletrack. This is the most popular place in the city to ride so can get fairly busy, but worth it. Right now trail is flooded but should be rideable within the next week or two.

Website has forum with trail conditions and info.

Both on the NE side of the city right near Carmel.

Links below
    Bicycle Garage Indy - Indianapolis and Greenwood, IN - Cannondale Trek Giant Haro Redline Bikes
    Hoosier Mountain Bike Association - Index
    Huge thanks... Just what I needed to know. Unfortunately this weeks trip isn't allowing me time to ride (Or apparently the weather and I'll even be down by BCSP for part). But hopefully on future trips I can do a couple laps around Town Run Trail. As a bonus looks close to the Courtyard Castleton I usually stay at when in town. Sweet.
    My blog - this, that, travel, garden, bikes, fitness, family, whatever

Instagram, Twitter you'll find me as beerbikegirl

Those places are also not terribly far from Fort Harrison State Park. We're currently working to help the trail dry out a bit quicker as we can see drainage issues pretty easily right now.

I was looking at some maps last night showing the DNR's statewide trails inventory. I doubt it will be very long (maybe a few years at most) before you will be able to ride from Fort Harrison to Southwestway Park on the complete opposite corner of town on paved paths to connect mtb trails. The sections that would finish the connection are currently in planning or development stages. There's also not much trail missing to connect Town Run to the city's rapidly growing network of paved trails and bike lanes.

Of course, if you have more than just a couple of hours to kill. :-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I just happened to notice that Bear Hardware in Nashville has MTB rentals (Brown Co). I have no idea what kind of bikes they are, but that is only a couple of miles from the trail head.