mtbr member
    Sep 2006

IMBA Great Lakes Regional Summit - REGISTER NOW!

The 2013 IMBA Great Lakes Regional Summit is just a few weeks away.... are you registered yet?!?

WHEN: May 17-19, 2013
    WHERE: Brown County, Indiana
    COST: $50

This year's event, co-hosted by the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association and Sub-9 Productions, will provide opportunities for advocates across the region to witness valuable presentations, network with others, have fun and enjoy quality riding at Brown County State Park (Nashville, IN).

Highlights include:
    ~ Land Manager Workshop
    (FREE TO LAND MANAGERS - LUNCH PROVIDED)
    ~ Downtown GetDown Pub Crawl
    ~ Sub-9 Schooner Shakedown Point to Point Race and After Party
    ~ Skills Clinics by IMBA-ICP certified instructors
    ~ Advanced Trail Building
    ~ Presentations on topics such as fund raising, taking your club/Chapter to the next level, engaging women and youth, leadership round tables and more!

Cost is only $50 (plus $10 for event t-shirt) and includes summit entry, light breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Shakedown After Party!

Click here to register.

Sponsors include (but are not limited to)
    IMBA
    SRAM
    Dirt Rag
    Seasons Lodge
    Brown County Tourism
    The Big Cheeze
    Big Woods Brewing

Attachment 793097

Summit participants also get FREE ENTRY to the Sub-9 Schooner Shakedown... a technically demanding, point to point race on the double-black diamond (expert) Schooner Trace Trail!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The 2013 IMBA Great Lakes Regional Summit is just around the corner... have you registered yet?

You don't have to be currently involved in advocacy to attend. You just have tobe passionate about mountain biking and the trails you use!

Join the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association and other mountain bike clubs and chapters from across the Region for a full weekend of networking, listening to valuable presentations, riding bikes, camping out and having fun!

The cost is only $50 giving you access to all summit breakout sessions, a light breakfast and lunch on Saturday, the Schooner Shakedown and After Party on Saturday night and more! Summit participants also receive discounts on event t-shirts, lodging at the Seasons as well as the Downtown GetDown Pub Crawl on Friday night. We're even offering field programs on Sunday that include advanced trail building techniques and a mountain bike skills clinic.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Do I need to register?

Yes, this is a big event and we need to know who is coming to we can plan accordingly. Please pre-register online for the summit. You must be registered to take part in any of the summit activities.

Register Here: https://www.imba.com/civicrm/event/info?id=284&reset=1

Why does it cost $50?

The HMBA has worked hard to keep costs down for the event. We have worked every angle to get donations and free stuff, but there are hard costs for the event. HMBA is attempting to break even on the event so we can spend money where we like to... building more trails!

This event is worth FAR MORE than $50. We are bringing in trail builders from around the country for work shops and trail building training.

Can I attend just part of the event?

Absolutely, but you must register for the Summit to take part in any of the sessions or summit activities.

Where can I stay while I'm in town?

The Seasons Lodge in Nashville is a sponsor of 2013 Great Lakes summit. Summit participants receive a discount for staying the weekend of the event. Just mention the summit when you call! Group camping is also available at Brown County State Park. You must be registered in order to camp in the group campsite.

Will I have time to check out the trails?

Of course! There will be ample riding time on both Saturday and Sunday.

I am a land owner/park manager. Is this summit right for me?

We are offering a Land Managers Workshop on Friday. This workshop is free for land managers and includes lunch.

Land Manager Workshop Info: https://www.imba.com/civicrm/event/info?id=305&reset=1

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Registration for the IMBA Great Lakes Regional Mountain Bike Advocacy Summit held this weekend in Brown County, Indiana ends at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!

https://www.imba.com/civicrm/event/info?id=284&reset=1