mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Idlewild Time Trails...

anybody here doing them? it starts tomorrow, i was thinking about doing it, but im a noob at mountain biking so i dont want to look like a idiot out there.

curious to see if any of yall were doing it or have done it and what to expect?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    nobody going?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I hope you went. It is fun. I was and still am a noob. I made it. You can do it too! Good bunch guys and trial. still have 3 more weeks to go.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    yep, i ended up going. I was there week 1 and havent missed a week. I suck and i am slow, but it is still fun nonetheless. I really need a tune up on my bike. The chain keeps jumping or derailer keeps trying to shift or something when i put a lot of force into pedaling.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Glad to hear it. You don't need to tell me about sucking wind. I don't think I could get one 6 mile lap done so I have not gone. As far as the chain, you need to adjust your high and low limit screw settings. But, I think the main issue sounds like you may have bent your derailleur hanger itself. I had same problems as well. Post next time your heading over. I usually like to go early before it gets hot and busy. For last week I have been trying Devou out, ya I need to stop 3 or 4 times before I get to top.

Quote Originally Posted by gregers05 View Post
    yep, i ended up going. I was there week 1 and havent missed a week. I suck and i am slow, but it is still fun nonetheless. I really need a tune up on my bike. The chain keeps jumping or derailer keeps trying to shift or something when i put a lot of force into pedaling.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Idlewild Time Trails...

Will do. I was thinking bent hanger as well, not sure. The time trial laps are only 2.2 miles, I only do 2 laps

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Did you make it this week? I went Tuesday and Thursday morning the trails were in great shape. I ran a 13:39 Tuesday morning, personal best. Found a kickstand lost from Wed night near the wooden bridges.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Idlewild Time Trails...

Yep a was out there this week do. I avg 15:30 lap times so I'm pretty slow. Of course that's with pulling to the side to let others pass or getting stuck behind someone. Someone else mentioned that they saw a kickstand by the bridge too lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I am sure I would be right with you, yes I forgot about getting out of the way and that burns a lot of time. I will try for next week. C- class one lap. Maybe you can tell me how you go over the log t-pee down by creek. I hit it hard and got bucked almost "OTB". I can roll over it ofcourse.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Idlewild Time Trails...

You can make 2 laps I'm sure. If I can anyone can lol. I don't think anybody hits that log jump to be honest. I have always just gone to the right of it. I should be there next week. I'll be the guy in the black Tacoma and the black diamondback 29er