Old Punk
    Sep 2010

How is Van Buren State Park?

My wife is taking class at Owens in Findlay, which is several miles south of VanBuren SP, so I figured I'd check out the trails next Monday while she is in class. What should I expect? I like to ride the most challenging trails I can find, but I don't expect expert level trails. This is NW Ohio after all. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, is anything there that's worth me bringing my trials bike?

Thanks, Curt
    Last edited by curtboroff; 06-04-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper expert 29
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Not sure if you got to ride or not with the rain that came thru on Monday. If you did what were your impressions of the trail.

If you didn't here are my thoughts on the trail. It is nothing special basically what you would expect from a trail in NW Ohio. They have done some things to spruce it up a few log crossings, 6" wide upside down V thing, and a jump near the bottom.

What it is though is singletrack in NW Ohio. Which when I started riding in the early 90's there was none of. Despite what the trail isn't it is fun to ride. The flow is ok and since nothing is overly taxing you can maintain good speed through most of it.

Most of all its singletack in NW Ohio. So if your in the area go ride.

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    The rain kept me home Monday, overtime had me Tuesday. Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely ride it, maybe next week. But it's gotta rain sometime.
    Franke park in Ft Wayne is the closest trail to me, and it's an hour away. But it's worth every second of the drive.
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper expert 29
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez