Thread: Horn hill

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Horn hill

Do you need a full suspenpension bike to ride this or will hardtail do? intermediate rider is there any beginner trails? Won't be going too fast probly braking alot but just wanna try it
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I've been wanting to go there...Here's some videos of it.

Horn's Hill trail 1 - YouTube
    Horn's Hill Trail 2 - YouTube
    Horn's Hill Trail 3 - YouTube
    Horn's Hill Trail 4 - YouTube

Horn's Hill 4.3.2010.avi - YouTube

It doesn't look like it'd be too bad on a hardtail.
    Last edited by kaotikkaos; 02-21-2012 at 05:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    where you from? google spokes n jokes or spokes n jokes akron.. Thats my social biking group i created. What is the difference between a jump and a drop? What is the limit i should do with a hard tail? 3 feet?
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by icecube89 View Post
    where you from? google spokes n jokes or spokes n jokes akron.. Thats my social biking group i cre ated. What is the difference between a jump and a drop? What is the limit i should do with a hard tail? 3 feet?
    I'm from brecksville. I'll have to check out your group. A jump has a lip that will get you up in the air or you can just roll over it. A drop is when you ride up on something an then the landing is below, you can't just roll over it. As for what a hardtail can do, it just depends on the strength of your bike and wheels. 3 feet should be fine though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kaotikkaos View Post
    I've been wanting to go there...Here's some videos of it.

Horn's Hill trail 1 - YouTube
    Horn's Hill Trail 2 - YouTube
    Horn's Hill Trail 3 - YouTube
    Horn's Hill Trail 4 - YouTube

Horn's Hill 4.3.2010.avi - YouTube

It doesn't look like it'd be too bad on a hardtail.
    Thanks for posting the videos, which are some of the best Horn's Hill videos I have watched. I too need to get up there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    is there walk arounds? I dont know if i could do them at full speed.. Are the trails rated? Like easiest to hard? I want to do it and will, but dont wanna have to go 4549599 miles an hour.
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    is there walk arounds? I dont know if i could do them at full speed.. Are the trails rated? Like easiest to hard? I want to do it and will, but dont wanna have to go 4549599 miles an hour.
    I don't know if they're rated or anything but from the looks of those videos it looks like you can avoid any of the more difficult features.

Just Ride
    I'd imagine either FS or HT would be sufficient. That trail looks like fun! Where's it located? Somewhere in Ohio I presume?
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Newark, OH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheatgerm View Post
    Newark, OH
    Yup, Horn's Hill Park which is at the corner of Waterworks Road and Horn's Hill Road on the North End of town.

I have done it on an FS bike but I've seen lots of HT's there too.
    "Wait, this thing doesn't have a motor?" - Socrates

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    never did downhill in my life.. Not even sure how to do a basic drop right. Do i just go into this gung ho or be very cautious? I might be a brake baby my first few times.. Any advice for a newbie?
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    never did downhill in my life.. Not even sure how to do a basic drop right. Do i just go into this gung ho or be very cautious? I might be a brake baby my first few times.. Any advice for a newbie?
    I'd get the basic form down and comfortable for hitting drops before I ventured to HH for the first time. Not knowing your comfort level or ability, I can tell ya there's no better way to really **** yourself up than DH and most of the "survival reactions" you have to hitting air are the kind that send you over the bars.

I did a lot of drops off of small obstacles, moving up to picnic tables, and so on till it was muscle memory for me, before tackling a course where speed can get away from you.

It's not my game, too old for wadding myself up and missing a month of work, but I can do it. It's fun, no doubt, but a young man's game.
    "Wait, this thing doesn't have a motor?" - Socrates