Team Awesome

Hocking Hills area Trail Systems?

Headed that way in a couple of weeks, and have some training to do. Where should I go?

mtbr member
    Without a doubt, get over to Lake Hope State Park. It might be a little bit early in the season (not sure about trail conditions?), but get your kicks on Bobcat and Copperhead. My wife took me there for my birthday this past summer and they are some of the best trails in Ohio.

http://athensbicycleclub.org/where_t...ope/index.html
    better than he was before. better. stronger. faster.

mtbr member
    Definately go to LH. Most of those trails hold up well in wet weather. If the trails are too muddy, lots of gravel roads to explore.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Can anyone recommend any trails / 2-track stuff right at/around the Hocking Hills State Park Campgrounds?

I'm headed there with the fam over Memorial Day (wifey, 7 yr old on 20" MTB, and 5 yr old on a tag along), so nothing hard-core.

I would love to try Lake Hope, but won't be able to drive there once we set up camp.

mtbr member
    There are a lot of good scenic backroads in that area. As for trails, I dont believe there is. Lots of hiking though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by backcountryeti
    There are a lot of good scenic backroads in that area. As for trails, I dont believe there is. Lots of hiking though.
    Thanks for confirming... that's what I thought. I'll have to pick up a Gazetteer Road Atlas.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    try Tar Hollow.... it is close to hocking hills.. there used to be some nice mtb trails there.

mtbr member
    Tar Hollow has a lot of nice hiking, but not much for biking. I used to work there a few years ago, ended up clearing their "mountain bike trail" not much fun. I would guess that it has completely grown over by now. I have heard of people riding the Ross Hollow loop, but Im not completely sure if it is legal. The roads through the state forest though are pretty nice, very remote, and not much traffic. As much as I love that park, its not good for mountain biking, lots of potential though.

Ninja Please
    Jan 2004
    Last I heard you will get ticketed for riding in Tar Hollow. If your going that far might as well ride Great Seal off Lick Run Rd. and Rocky Road. I love it there!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Just rode Lake Hope, it's in pretty good shape considering the time of year. It's definetly the place to go when in the Hocking Hills area.

The actual Hocking Hills doesn't have any MTB trails, just lots of hiking trails and remote, hilly, twisty country roads.