Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004

Hellllo, cleveland!

Might be there do 5 days in May, an I need beta!
    I will be going to Euclid every day, but I would like to ride/stay nearer to the best trails in the Area.
    What do you know?
    Anyone on here from Clevenad?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

NMBP
    If you don't get any help here, check out Ohiosingletrack.com Forums I am in Columbus, so I can't really give any recommendations up near Cleveland other than West Branch which is a nice trail, but around 45 or so miles from Cleveland. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    To have the most options for riding, you should try and stay south of Cleveland. (ideally, Akron OH would be the most central for biking).

You've got:

West Branch State Park to the east, near Ravenna, OH. It's closed right now 'till things dry up, usually opens the first-second week of May depending on the weather. Probably one of the best in the area.
    Reagan Park/Huffman - Medina, OH
    Royalview Trail - Strongsville, OH
    Ohio & Erie Canal Reservation - Part of the Cleveland Metroparks. Short but fun trail, closest one to Cleveland.
    Quail Hollow State Park - Hartville OH (short 3 mile loop, beginner oriented, but fun if you just want some fast, flowy non-technical singletrack)
    Vultures Knob - Wooster, OH. Great singletrack, one of the local favorites.
    Mohican State Park - Loudonville, OH. Truly Epic trail, well worth the drive if you like vertical. ~26 miles of climbs, decents and flowy singletrack.

Cleveland Area Mountain Bike Association has a google-maps-like trail map link but for some reason it's not working right now. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. While trail choice is personal, my recommendations would be: West Branch, Vultures Knob and then Mohican (if you can make the drive), Reagan Park and Royalview.

Oh and as the poster above said, you can always check the forums at OMBA - Local Mountain Bike Clubs in Ohio The trail conditions forum is usually pretty active and there are a lot of helpful folks who post.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    I have a one week course, so I will need to be in Euclid every morning early. I would rather drive in the pm to the trails than in the AM through the city, I reckon'. I will be hitting Mohican on the way out (driving cross country), i have ridden there before. fun stuff.
    Thanks for the tips!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Hermit
    West Branch trails are closed for mud season till the third weekend in May. Would really suck to plan around riding there during the 'closed' period.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

Professional Crastinator
    I'm afraid the Royalview trail will be closed through May as well.
    The OECR "roller coaster" should be open. If you just want to get some miles with no traffic, OECR is connected to the towpath bike trail - which is flat flat flat, but goes really far.
    Reagan/Huffman should be good.
    VK - good.
    MSP - good.

If you want someone to show you around, I can take you or hook you up with someone else who can. PM me.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.