mtbr member

Good riding off of 70 between Dayton & Indianapolis or 64 for Lexington & Louisville?

I'm driving out to the Breck Epic this year from MD and would like to stop somewhere early on Day 2 of the trip for a ~2hr mtb ride to keep the legs loose. I'll be taking either I-70 or I-64 west. That would put me between Dayton, OH & Indianapolis, IN on 70 or Lexington & Louisville on 64 (my preference since the Jim Beam distillery is on the way ). Are there any good trails immediately off the highway in either of those areas?

Who is John Galt?
    If you take 70 you have to hit the Brown County trails south of Indy. Fantastic trails in a state park. You will want to spend a day here. Plus you can say you've been to Gnaw Bone. Brown County Mountain Bike Trails Nashville, Indiana, USA
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Thanks, I'll look into it! Unfortunately I'll be on a tight schecule, so I won't be able to spend more than about two hours wherever I stop (want to get good sleep every night leading up to the race that week.)

undercover brother
    Theres Momba in Dayton. Its probably about 10 mins off 70 off the Huber Heights exit. Very easy, well maintained XC trails. Good for an easy day out.

mtbr member
    Westwood Park is pretty close to I-70 in Indiana. (New Castle Exit, I believe).
    It's a 10-mile loop you could do 2-3 times. I haven't been there since I moved to Denver 6 years ago, but it looks like it's good to go according to Hoosier Mountain Bike Association
    VISITWESTWOOD.COM

Brown County is way better, but this is better than nothing. (Of course, nothing between here and there will get u ready for Breck )

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    There is a pretty good trail system right off of 64 in Frankfort, KY (right near the Jim Beam distillery) it's called Capital View Park and has about 11 miles of fun singletrack. There are some decent trails in Louisville but aren't as accessible as the Frankfort trails and are pretty hard to put together if you aren't familiar. Depending on when you come through I'd be more than happy to show you around Capital View. Of course if you go 70 Brown County is a must stop!!