mtbr member

Good riding near Lexington KY?

Hi everybody,
    I may be spending some time at Lexington KY, what kind of riding can be found on the area?

Thanks,
    David.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    www.bikeclicks.com

Capital view.
    http://www.singletracks.com/php/trail.php?id=1380

It's in Frankfort, which is around 30 minute drive.

that's the only trail I know of near lexington, but I'm sure there are some.

Also, if you dnot mind driving an hour (or 2) you can make the short trip down 64 to louisville and I'll take you out on some trails.

We have 4 really good systems, all within about 10 minutes of each other.

cherokee/seneca (all around fun, diverse course, has ~15 miles of trails when you add in seneca *they are connected*), Waverly (cardio test), Otter creek, and Ft. Duffield (downhill and fun XC, this is where you go to have some fun and hit some jumps).

Also, in indiana there is Brown county. This place is supposedly one of the best places to ride on the eastcoast and "best" in midwest. Bit of a drive though.

If you want to make the trip to louisville let me know.

mtbr member

Thanks for the info!

Dunno yet how this temp move to Lexington is going to work out but if it comes down to it, I will ping you for a weekend ride at Louisville.

Thanks again,
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by tmtrebor
    www.bikeclicks.com

Capital view.
    http://www.singletracks.com/php/trail.php?id=1380

It's in Frankfort, which is around 30 minute drive.

that's the only trail I know of near lexington, but I'm sure there are some.

Also, if you dnot mind driving an hour (or 2) you can make the short trip down 64 to louisville and I'll take you out on some trails.

We have 4 really good systems, all within about 10 minutes of each other.

cherokee/seneca (all around fun, diverse course, has ~15 miles of trails when you add in seneca *they are connected*), Waverly (cardio test), Otter creek, and Ft. Duffield (downhill and fun XC, this is where you go to have some fun and hit some jumps).

Also, in indiana there is Brown county. This place is supposedly one of the best places to ride on the eastcoast and "best" in midwest. Bit of a drive though.

If you want to make the trip to louisville let me know.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hi WheelieDrop:

Lexington has about 4 miles of trails in Veteran's Park. Next closest is Capitol View in Frankfort (50 mile round trip) which is a 200 acre park with about 10 miles of trails winding through it. Next is Cave Run Lake (130 mile round trip) with 100 miles of trails, with about 20 miles undamaged by horse traffic. Then there's Laurel Lake (180 miles round trip) which is an excellent 18 mile out-and back trail. Then there are trails in Lousiville (140 - 220 miles round trip) and Northern Kentucky (140 - 220 miles round trip). Those mileages are all from my house in the southern part of Lexington. The northern part of Lexington is about 10 miles closer to Frankfort, Louisville, and N. Kentucky. The riding is not bad here, but as you can see you'll be doing a lot of driving too.