jalopy jockey
    Jun 2007

General Burnside state park area

Hi, Heading down that way for a family trip the week of July 4th. Where should I ride? Is there something in the state park worth riding or ridable distance?

We are going with my brother in laws family who don't ride so I'll probably only get a few hours solo once or twice, and a family trip once. So I'm looking for 2 different rides. One to challenge a Michigan weekend warrior XC/endurance racer and a mountain biking with kids trip. My 8 year old rides flater stuff very well he's a poor judge of how hot to enter corners so gravity fed bermed corners are entertaining but hazardous to his health. Anything he can ride my 6 year old rolls on a TAB.

Thanks
    Jalopy

jalopy jockey
    Jun 2007
    So is there no mountain biking worth checking out in the area?

If not is there at least good road biking?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I don't think the park has any mtb trails. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a whole lot down there as far as mountain biking is concerned. The Sheltowee Trace is the only trail I am aware of that is rideable. The trail crosses probably around 15 miles south of where you'll be. I'm not sure what condition the trail is in for riding.

I know people ride the trail around Laurel River Lake, but this going to be around a 45 minute drive or so. You can always go visit the forums at kymba.org and ask questions. Most people are from Louisville, but there are some folks from Eastern KY that drop in from time to time.