mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Franke Park (Fort Wayne) Trail Conditions 2012

East Loop remains closed due to mud.

West Loop including the trails on the other side of the creek are good. There is some mud in spots, so please be careful.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    East loop is mostly open. There is still a closed section and some mud, so please be careful and mind the conditions.

West loop was good today, again some soft spots but overall good to ride.

Goshen, Easter and Christmas were all in good shape. We removed the pallet bridge on Christmas and raked a new route around it with a log roll. You can still just ride up the rocks where the bridge used to be if you want.

On Saturday the crew built a new bridge across the creek on Goshen trail. They have also cut a return trail so it is no longer 2 way. New maps are in the works and new trail markers are on the agenda to future work days.

Here is a rider demonstrating the lines where the pallet bridge used to be on Christmas. Nothing too difficult for an intermediate rider. Anyone who rides the rest of Christmas will think it is too easy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    East and West loop were nice this evening. Assuming we don't get a ton of rain in May, I think the trails will be in excellent shape all summer. Conditions right now are about like June for most years.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I was out Sunday after the rain and trails were still great minus a couple of very small grease spots. Before the rain the trails were excellent!!! They have some new routes built in and I saw a couple of corners built up as well. Hoping to get back there later this week...and hoping no rain!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Blah i rode out there yesterday and the trails were wet wet wet!! Could even see standing water from when it was flowing in some spots! blah!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Zephxii, did you start on the East Loop, the trail right next to the map kiosk? I haven't tried to ride Franke with the rain we had on Saturday, but often the West Loop is in decent shape even when the East Loop is too muddy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    No I didn't :-/ I should have though and yea it does seem like it would be dryer. I should have gone out today but I wanted to rest....unfortunately it looks like more rain is coming though

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I was out there yesterday and they were building a new trail/loop/extension out in the East loop area! Finally as i'm pretty burnt out on that side.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I hate to say it but I just discovered the single track loop across the creek (where u have to cross through the creek to get to it). I had no idea it was there until the race early this month which resulted in painted race lines leading to me to it. What's up with that and how come it isn't on the map or anything? Are there any plans for it in the future? It's not well marked so it's kinda hard to tell how you are supposed to follow it, I think i missed some parts last time i rode on it.