JmZ
    Reformed Lurker

Fort Wayne Meeting - Monday June 9th

Post stolen from HMBA message boards - see www.hmba.org (the message boards for followup) - bad moderator, bad... JmZ

Post as follows:

There is a group of mountain bike riders that have been meeting for the past couple of months and are attempting to formalize an effort to maintain our local trails. Come and join us on Monday, June 9th as we will be welcoming a member of the HMBA staff from Indy.

A few things we're discussing/working on:
    - Formalizing and marking the trail route at Franke Park. We've been discussing this the last couple of meetings and getting ready to present it to the Parks Department. MUCH needed improvement.
    - Organizing trail maintenance needs and service days.
    - Discussing potential areas to build new trails in Allen County
    - Discussing the future potential of a specific mountain bike association for Northeast Indiana that would help support and advocate for mountain bike riding in our area. It would bring a little structure and support to Winona Lake, Columbia City, Fort Wayne, and future trails that could be built at either Chain O Lakes or Pokhagon. It would be similar to NIMBA just focusing further east.

We invite you to bring your voice to the meetings and help support our local trails by pitching in to take care of them. There is a lot of us that ride there regularly and have some great ideas.

We'll meet at Franke Park in the BMX parking lot at 5:30pm. We'll meet for about an hour with the HMBA guy and then head out for a ride.

Hope you can make it

andrewdewey (username on hmba forums for contact too...)
    Last edited by JmZ; 05-30-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'll be there. It would be nice if the Franke Park trails were organized. I'll see if I can get the support of a family member on city counsel too.