mtbr member

Florida boy workin' in Indiana

Hey you guys/girls in NW Indiana,

So I'm an endurance racer doing a job in S.Whitley, going to be there for about a month. I found Morsches Park the other day. It's only a few miles from my hotel. Rode it , loved it but found it to be a little confusing. It did not seem to be very well marked. I plan to ride there after work regularly, around sixish. Anyone doing after work rides out there? I would love to learn the system better so I don't have to worry about trying to find my way out in the dark.
    anyone interested in riding, shoot me an e-mail, info@pavaoconstruction.com I'm back home now but flying back Monday and will be there for the duration. Also, would not mind hooking up with some road rides but Columbia City does not seem to be too road bike conducive. I have not noticed many cyclists out there, roads are a bit sketchy and not much in the way of bike lanes.

Scott

mtbr member
    Make a twenty minute road-trip east of CC and come to Franke Park in Fort Wayne. Trailhead is located in the BMX parking lot. Or go west to Winona Lake in Warsaw. If you liked Morsches you should love Franke and Winona. Franke has group rides every Monday night at 6:30pm with a pretty good turnout and several skill levels, but there are people at Franke all the time.
    "Serpentine Shelly. Serpentine!"

mtbr member
    Thanks Blackhammer.
    Are those two trails marked better?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I know that Winona is marked very well and it's a really great trail. I haven't been to Franke yet.

mtbr member
    Franke is marked well and a lot of fun.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed sheep, contesting the vote.

mtbr member
    Winona has a group MTB ride every Wednesday at 6 as well as two group road rides on Tuesdays at 6. Both start from Trailhouse. One of the road rides is fast, 20+ average, the other is only as fast as the slowest person being a no-drop ride.

If you want a map of the Winona Lake Trail follow the link in my sig.