Thread: Findlay, Ohio

growth

Findlay, Ohio

I'm going to be spending a month in Findlay Ohio. Would it be worth it to bring the 5 inch travel bike or should I just bring my cross bike? The most important thing is just to be able to ride. The cross bike lets me do road or light trail duty, but I'd hate to miss out if there were any local trails that would put full suspension to use. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Mohican SP is about 2 hrs from Findlay, I've heard it has some good singletrack.

This post is from Horns Hill near Newark, also about 2 hrs.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Findlay is pretty flat. They host a road bike tour called the "Horizontal 100" .

There are a few trails around there but I don't have any experience with them. Mohican is good 2 hours away but Horn's is about 2.5 hours from Findlay. There are some good trails to the north in Michigan also.

I'd bring the cross bike.

Here are some locations in Ohio.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...showtopic=7485
    Last edited by Fisher29; 05-13-2008 at 01:27 PM.

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Pretty much all of NW Ohio is flat. Cross bike's a pretty good idea.

Would be better to head North in Michigan (and you don't know how much that pains me to say. ) They've got some good trails at Poto, Ft Custer, and several others, check www.mmba.org for more info.

Or head to Mohician, or points south. Motst of the decent trails are south of I-70, or heading east.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

growth
    thank you guys. I'll be there for work so I don't know if I'll have the option of traveling so I'll be bring the cross bike. much appreciated.