undercover brother

Devou getting a pump track?

I've heard rumors that there will be a pump track in the distant future at Devou. Anyone else hear of this? It looks as though the park got a lot of money and they are building trails left and right. A pump track would be killer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I kind of thought the trail by the golf course was a pump track or is that just another DH course?

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteMindu View Post
    I kind of thought the trail by the golf course was a pump track or is that just another DH course?
    Thats another DH course. Loads better than the original.

mtbr member
    Where is this located? I'm from owensboro and looking for places to travel to and ride and have never heard of this place

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGrinnell View Post
    Where is this located? I'm from owensboro and looking for places to travel to and ride and have never heard of this place
    Covington, KY. Its literally across the river from downtown Cincinnati.

mtbr member
    Awesome thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    Is the original on top of the hill with the sign that suggests you walk it before riding? Me and a friend didn't ride it because we thought it was too much for us, but we ride the other course all the time. Just wish they would build a better path to the top instead of the road.

undercover brother
    Is the original on top of the hill with the sign that suggests you walk it before riding? Me and a friend didn't ride it because we thought it was too much for us, but we ride the other course all the time. Just wish they would build a better path to the top instead of the road.
    Yea that is the original. Its an ok run, I just feel they tried to jam too much into a too small of a place.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    The Monty trail is bi-directional right???? I always ride up it, as do others.....

I heard they are building a new trail off the loop, but they have it hid pretty good, or at least they did a few months ago. I haven't been able to catch a time to ride with the weather and trail conditions!

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
    The Monty trail is bi-directional right???? I always ride up it, as do others.....

I heard they are building a new trail off the loop, but they have it hid pretty good, or at least they did a few months ago. I haven't been able to catch a time to ride with the weather and trail conditions!
    And it being closed! I just moved from Mt. Adams to Farfield. I'm really going to miss the 5 min drives to Devou after works this season

Looks like I'm going to start bringing my bike to work and heading there everyday after work!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    And it being closed! I just moved from Mt. Adams to Farfield. I'm really going to miss the 5 min drives to Devou after works this season

Looks like I'm going to start bringing my bike to work and heading there everyday after work!
    I was assuming they were open when frozen. But you know what they say about assuming!!! Glad I never got a chance to go!! Was thinking I'd go next week too!!

I'm giving you some rep for saving me from being the a-hole!!

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
    I was assuming they were open when frozen. But you know what they say about assuming!!! Glad I never got a chance to go!! Was thinking I'd go next week too!!

I'm giving you some rep for saving me from being the a-hole!!
    I was kinda upset when I first heard about it, since they had the signs up that they were open when the ground was frozen. But being as new and nice as they are, I'd rather suffer through the winter and not destroy the trails!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Not to hijack the thread, but DH?!?! Im in Indy, but love to downhill!!! I have to make trips to 7springs, snowshoe, and keystone every summer just to get my fix I also like making day trips to Ft. Duffield in Louisville. Would you say this course is similar and worth the drive from Indy?

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh0518 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but DH?!?! Im in Indy, but love to downhill!!! I have to make trips to 7springs, snowshoe, and keystone every summer just to get my fix I also like making day trips to Ft. Duffield in Louisville. Would you say this course is similar and worth the drive from Indy?
    Comparable to a bike park? Hell no
    Worth the drive from Indy? I'd say so.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Comparable to a bike park? Hell no
    Worth the drive from Indy? I'd say so.
    Sorry not similar to bike park, but similar to ft. Duffield if anyone has ridden both places?

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh0518 View Post
    Sorry not similar to bike park, but similar to ft. Duffield if anyone has ridden both places?
    I've never ridden there. FWIW, the couple DH courses at devou are decent. Theres a lot of little jumps, with a couple descent sized jumps, some nice berms, etc. A downhill bike is overkill, even though I see them there all the time. Its awesome for the area, since we have nothing like that around. And all the trails are new as the park got some money to build a bunch of trails, and it seems as if the group building the trails knows what they are doing.

Very flowy, well executed XC trail too. The only downside is theres probably only about 6-7 miles of trail total, but they're are fun enough for multiple runs. I usually can do about 15 miles or so before I feel burnt out on riding the same trails in one day.

I'd definitely say its worth a drive for a day.