Thread: Dear MoMBA:

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Dear MoMBA:

There is a saying, "You.. conquer MoMBA? In Mother Russia, MoMBA conquers YOU!", and today, you have shown me that this particular saying does have a certain truth to it, especially when you are a noobie MTB'er, literally.. as today was my actual first time on a MTB trail, and not some paved bike-way or ATV trail.

However, let it be known, that someday, be it tomorrow or 50 years from now, I shall be the one that conquers YOU my dear MoMBA.

And on a side note, there is also a saying from a certain wise-man that I have met through my travels abroad, "It is not wise to shoulder-check a tree, for that tree might shoulder-check you instead, and it might hurt."

I shall inform you, that yes, this saying is 100% truth. For not once did I shoulder-check a tree that was on your route, but shoulder-checking seven of them? It hurts about as bad as eating a bag of peanuts, with the shells, whole.. and them coming out of your rectum. It is not the most pleasant of feelings.

So there you have it MoMBA. I shall be back!

Sincerely,

RandomGuyOnABike

Justa Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuyOnABike View Post

And on a side note, there is also a saying from a certain wise-man that I have met through my travels abroad, "It is not wise to shoulder-check a tree, for that tree might shoulder-check you instead, and it might hurt."

I shall inform you, that yes, this saying is 100% truth. For not once did I shoulder-check a tree that was on your route, but shoulder-checking seven of them?

RandomGuyOnABike
    I think I have hit every substantial tree within two feet of the trail. Every jersey I have has a tear on the shoulder from trees.
    I bought a bike with wider bars.....Now i PUNCH every substantial tree within 2 feet of the trail. There are curves that I am certain they put there only because there is a tree right at the exit of the curve, just out of sight, right where some part of me needs to occupy. I love that place.