Back in the Saddle Again

Cycling in Florence, KY

I have been back in the saddle for three months, mainly as a commuter out of necessity and a lone rider. I moved into Florence, reducing my commute to 5 miles round trip, giving me more opportunity to ride more diverse options than before.

Seems cyclists are few and far between this far South of the river and looking to meet up with others to share riding experiences.

Sadly most groups rides I hear about happen during my work schedule, so hoping to see something on a Sat afternoon or Sunday.
    Last edited by MaddCelt; 07-05-2013 at 04:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddCelt View Post
    I have been back in the saddle for three months, mainly as a commuter out of necessity and a lone rider. I moved into Florence, reducing my commute to 5 miles round trip, giving me more opportunity to ride more diverse options than before.

Seems cyclists are few and far between this far South of the river and looking to meet up with others to share riding experiences.

Sadly most groups rides I hear about happen during my work schedule, so hoping to see something on a Sat afternoon or Sunday.
    There are a ton of group ride groups on facebook for the greater cincy area. If you're looking for something originating in florence, you might be out of luck though. Florence traffic isn't very fun to ride in!!

Back in the Saddle Again
    I guess it depends on what your used to. I ride Rt 25 on my commute, so I am used to semi's, dump trucks, and speeding red necks. By the time I get to Florence It's clam by comparison. When I went to Cincy I was nerve racked for a while thinking the traffic there was insane.

So far I am on CCC and Urban Basin FB pages. What others are there?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddCelt View Post
    I guess it depends on what your used to. I ride Rt 25 on my commute, so I am used to semi's, dump trucks, and speeding red necks. By the time I get to Florence It's clam by comparison. When I went to Cincy I was nerve racked for a while thinking the traffic there was insane.

So far I am on CCC and Urban Basin FB pages. What others are there?
    Yeah, 25 can suck it from richwood north!! I'd rather have a nice rural back road to ride down. Especially in a group!

Look at the suggested groups off to the side of CCC, or search cincinnati group rides. I haven't seen much activity on any of them lately, but the weather has been sh*t.

Back in the Saddle Again
    The bad spot is between Richwood and Chambers/Old Lexington Pike between the climbs and blind spots.

Looking into that, thanks!