mtbr member
    May 2008

Cuyohoga Falls over Thanksgiving

I know there is a good riding scene and a bike path. Would love to explore the area. My question is what is there to ride and which bike? I have a CX with knobbies or road wheels that is great for single track without crazy rocks or road. I also have a rigid SS that I love on single track without mile long climbs. Third choice is my geared 29'er which will get me through anything but I usually save it for really difficult rides.

What is good to ride around there? Which bike would be the best choice? Thanks.

Hermit
    If you want singletrack the closest is going to be the Ohio & Erie Canal trail, but it's only a couple of miles. West Branch is the closest with any real distance, and it's a blast.

Use this for locating stuff:

Ohio mountain bike trail map - from Rust Belt Revival Trail Coalition - Google Maps

There's tons of paved bike trails in the area. Just click "bicycle" button on Google maps.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    also check out Royalview is Strongsville, and Mohican in Loudonville. Rode Mohican today, and its in great shape. Heard RV is a bit slick, but it should be dry by then.

Hermit
    And don't forget Ray's Indoor MTB Park up in Cleveland. Good to go rain or shine.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/