mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Coming to Columbus

I'll be in Columbus for 4 weeks starting the beginning on Aug. Not sure how much free time I'll have, but I plan on bringing the mtb in hopes that there is some riding in the area.

If someone could point me in the right direction as to where I can find some info on trails, group rides, or any other info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Columbus ohio or indiana? If indiana, look up brown county state park

Hermit
    And if you're talking about Columbus, Ohio then look at Alum Creek S.P.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    mohican isn't too far from columbus ohio... there's some great mountain biking there

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sorry, Columbus OH

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Depending where you are staying in Columbus. The closest to Columbus would be either Alum Creek(3 trails/14miles total, good all around trail) or Chestnut Ridge(1 trail/8 miles, more climbing than Alum Creek).

Mohican is one of the best trails in Ohio(my favorite). Trail is always in good shape. 24.5 miles 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Columbus.

mtbr member
    there are several trails within an hour/ hour half from Columbus. There are a lot of riders hitting Alum on Wed and Thursday nights. There are two Alum trails, each about 6 miles, separated by about 4 miles of road, you can either ride the road back and forth or drive. As mentioned before, Mohican is awesome, about 24 miles of hilly pleasure. Dillon is also about hour away on the East side of town. Chestnut Ridge is to the south, about 8-9 miles, but not sure if it is recovered from storm damage a few weeks back. I suggest you check out the spokejunkie website to get info on trails and some directions.
    Ride first, drinks after!

@endo_2011

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Everyone on a MTB in Ohio should make use of this: Spokejunkies Trail Reviews, Ohio

The google map with pins at each trailhead make getting to any trail very easy.

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by miller542 View Post
    Everyone on a MTB in Ohio should make use of this: Spokejunkies Trail Reviews, Ohio

The google map with pins at each trailhead make getting to any trail very easy.
    Nice! I've been looking for something simple like this.

mtbr member
    fishnskiwv, your profile says you are into AM so don't forget Great Seal about an hour south of Columbus.