Can I Borrow Some Style?

Colorado rider looking for something.....

Hello midwest riders! I just transferred to Taylor university from Colorado and I am in desperate need of something to ride. I am in Upland Indiana which is near Marion and Muncie. If that still isn't ringing a bell I am halfway between Indiannapolis and Ft. Wayne. If i could have some help in finding dirt jumps, skate parks, XC trails, anything, that would be great!
    Passion is what we all need, the rest is secondary.
    Yeah I ride fixed on occasion, get over it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I know there is some trails near Salomonie Reservoir and also Huntington Reservoir but I really couldn't tell you much about them as I have never ridden there before. Check out hmba.org for some more info and ask around on there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    We're in Illinois for the week from Colorado. Kickapoo in east central Illinois is worth the road trip,if ya ask me. It was a blast. We just posted in a thread aboot it

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I feel for you!

http://www.hmba.org/index.php?option...pper&Itemid=50

Franke Park and Winona Lake are decent and fairly close.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

feel for you...

I moved from Indianapolis to Colorado last summer, mainly for more riding opportunities. HMBA is definetly your best bet for local info and while I was still around, the forums on their site did get a decent bit of traffic.

As for trails Winona was one of my favorite places to ride nearest your location. Westwood is not too far either, near New Castle. It probably is nearly as close to just head down to Indy and ride Town Run. You could hammer out a couple of laps and get some good riding in a fairly short time because the trails are so fast there.

Good luck in your search for cool trails, my brother lives near Salamonie and rides there often but after he visited me out here a month ago he's been pretty bored with everything they have there.

mtbr member
    I'm another Hoosier who moved to Colorado last year. I'll 2nd Westwood as a good place to try. Take a weekend though and head to Brown County State Park. If it wasn't such a pain to bring my bike when I come back for Colts games, I'd love to ride BC again - especially after all the climbing I've done here the past year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Westwood is probably an hour south of Upland, Winona is about a 1.5 hours North West. The trails at Salamonie Reservoir and Rouche Lake are both near Huntington, they would be the closest to Upland.

I'm not sure if they are still there, but when I was at Ball State from 2000 - 2004 there were some nice dirt jumps tucked back in some woods by the river. They were poached, and may not be maintained, but ask around and they still might be there.

Enjoy Taylor, I went to some good indie rock shows around there when I lived in Muncie. Eat some Ivanhoes for me and enjoy the dirt.