mtbr member
    May 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio scenic trails

Hello, my girlfriend and I just got mountain bikes. i actually just got mine today! Looking for some nice scenic trails to ride on. I can handle hills and such but the flatter the better for my girlfriends sake!

mtbr member
    I would try out the easy trail at east fork if you want to try mountain biking. For scenic and pancake flat you cannot beat the Little Miami path.

mtbr member
    also, depending on where you are located, the mitchell memorial park's mtb trail is relatively flat and easy going.

mtbr member
    Mitchell Memorial is a great trail, however I would not take someone there for their first mtb experience. Especially with the newer trail section, that is chock full of rocks and other awesome trail features. It is one of my favorite trails in the area, but it would probably discourage a newbie.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Lunken Airport has a decent 2-2.5 mile trail around the airfield, I've never riden it but hear it's good for runners and new bikers... Also, Whitewater Forest (Harrison, OH) has a 2 mile and an 8 mile paved trail. The 8 mile trail goes through their wetlands area, it's a pretty leisurely trail.

I got into mountain biking actually by hiking the Mitchell Memorial trail back in 2009-2010ish. At the time I lived about 5 minutes from the park, and it was one of my favorite parks to hike at. I got tired of watching all the MTBR's having fun passing me, so I picked up a cheap Craigslist bike and off I went. It's one of my favorite trails in Cincinnati, too, though now that I live about 50 miles north, I rarely get a chance to go. I'd love to check out their new section of trail they added on!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sxshep View Post
    Lunken Airport has a decent 2-2.5 mile trail around the airfield, I've never riden it but hear it's good for runners and new bikers... Also, Whitewater Forest (Harrison, OH) has a 2 mile and an 8 mile paved trail. The 8 mile trail goes through their wetlands area, it's a pretty leisurely trail.
    Lunken is now also connected to Armelder park, adding 6-8 miles or so if I remember correctly. Sure, it's a paved trail, but a great spot to check out especially during this unpredictable Cincy spring.