Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

chicago visit ... where to ride?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  hypokondriak 
#1 ·
I'm going to be visiting my brother-in-law in the Chicago area next week (8/6-8/11) ... looking for trails within 1-1.5 hrs from Schaumburg. I know about Palos, so will try to hit that up, hopefully on Wednesday for the CAMBR ride. I'll probably have a hardtail at my disposal but if there are trails that I'd be better off on a FS bike am willing to demo, rent or borrow. :D

Not sure what's going on with the Plainfield park (I assume it's not open yet) ... what else is around the area?

I may have a car at my disposal during the day Wed-Fri but will probably need to be back to pickup my brother-in-law from work so can't drive more than an hour or two.

Would like to get my brother-in-law back into riding more regularly and involved in the scene. Let me know what's up chicago peeps!!

#4 ·
The Plainfield Bike Park is not complete but it is ridable. Come on out and have fun, we are out there daily riding or working. Deer Grove might be a little dissapointing, Saw Wee Kee park in Oswego would be more challenging and probably provide more milage.

Saw Wee Kee trail guide

I would try to hit up Palos, Saw Wee Kee in Oswego, Kettle Morain in WI(little more of a drive). I can't comment on Rockcut, haven't ridden there yet, but I've heard good things.

#8 ·
Unfortunately couldn't make the CAMBR ride yesterday.

But I rode Palos today ... pretty nice park you have here in this flat state! :thumbsup: Was with my sister in-law so didn't ride the whole park as she got tired but we hit most of it ... Gravity Cavity, 3 Ravines, Bull Whip, Cemetery Loop, Out and Back are the ones I remember. Fun stuff ... will probably ride it again tomorrow early afternoon and finish off the trails I didn't ride today and ride everything else in the opposite direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.