mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Cherokee park louisville, good for hardtail

I am riding this park on the weekends on my 2012 Yukon FX it is a 26 I got it on C-list for $400.00 in new condition, anyway after 2 months or so of riding I am thinking about a lighter and better equipped hardtail. I would like something that climbs better and weighs less but I dont want to be beat to death. Does anyone with experience at this park have any suggestions or should I save up for a better FS bike. I am hitting everything trail pretty well but Montana Pass still kicks my butt. This bike is ok for now it has some short comings but for the money happy with it.. Any suggestions

amp
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I think that is personal preference. I currently have a GT Force full suspension bike and really never need that much travel at Cherokee. Prior to this i had a hardtail and it was not as comfortable, but still just as capable.
    I get passed by hardtails all the time, but i am admittedly slow.
    I don't think you could go wrong with either.

I thought Montana was at Waverly?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It's up to you. I ride my 26" hardtail there all the time. No problems.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    I thought Montana was at Waverly?
    It is, but Montana's Pass is in Cherokee (upper section along the road before Big Rock). The trail is the hardest section in Cherokee, for sure. I have a nice scar on my arm from the time my rear wheel slipped down the hill and I bashed my arm against the rocks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm getting a FS bike and cherokee and waverly is where I ride. I don't think it's a requirement or anything...just what I picked.