mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Calling Indianapolis Mountain Bikers

Please join us on Wed, June 6 at the Pike Performing Art Center to show your support for mountain bike trails in Eagle Creek Park (see official press release below).

It is important for mountain bikers to have a strong showing at this meeting. Folks will be given a 1-2 minute opportunity to express your support and/or concerns for these trails. More info about the proposed trails at Eagle Creek Park can be found at www.eagelcreekmountainbiking.com.

This is also a great opportunity to show your support for the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association (hmba.org) and all they have done for outdoor recreation in Indiana. The HMBA builds the best shared-use trails in the Midwest... hands down. We know that lives are busy, but if you love mountain biking and want to see more trails in the Indianapois metro area, then this is the time to step up and say so. Anyone can be an advocate...

-- OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE --

Indy Parks Will Hold Listening Session Regarding Mountain Biking in Eagle Creek Park

INDIANAPOLIS The Indianapolis Department of Parks and Recreation will hold a public listening session to gather input on the topic of mountain biking in Eagle Creek Park. The public meeting will take place at 6 p.m. on June 6, 2012, at the Pike Performing Arts Center.

At this time, there are no formal plans in place to add mountain bike trails to Eagle Creek Park. However, due to an increased level of public interest in the topic, Indy Parks would like for Parks staff to gain a fuller understanding of the views of community members.

WHO: Indy Parks staff and members of the Indianapolis community
    WHAT: Public listening session regarding mountain biking in Eagle Creek Park
    WHEN: June 6, 2012
    Sign-in and seating will begin at 5:30 p.m.
    Meeting will begin at 6 p.m
    WHERE: Pike Performing Arts Center
    6701 Zionsville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268

More info on this topic can also be found in the HMBA message board:
    Eagle Creek Mountain Biking

and Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/MountainBik...EagleCreekPark

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    We have created an online petition to show support for mountain bike/mutli-use trails at Eagle Creek Park. Please take a moment to sign this petition.. then pass it on to your friends!

https://www.change.org/petitions/ind...gle-creek-park

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Petition signed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Call to Arms for more mountain biking in Indy!

The public meeting for mountain bike trails at Eagle Creek is tomorrow (Wednesday, June 6th). Hopefully mountain bikers in Indianapolis will be making every effort to attend this meeting. The format for the meeting is that everyone who wants to speak gets 2 minutes to talk. The opposition will be out in force and we need a large turn out for the meeting (even if you don't feel comfortable speaking). For those wishing to speak, please take the opportunity to speak positively about adding mountain bike trails to Eagle Creek and throughout the City. Suggested topics would be:
    • Volunteer work you do for HMBA, especially if you would be willing to volunteer for trails at Eagle Creek
    • How mountain biking has positively impacted you health or well being
    • How trails at Eagle Creek would provide better access for you to recreate
    • How your family (kids and parents) use mountain biking to spend time together
    • Experiences of nature you have had while mountain biking.
    • Economic Impact: Do you spend money locally when mountain biking
    • Would more local trails save you gas money by reducing car trips to mountain bike
    • You experience comparing HMBA trails to other trails.

This meeting is not a debate. The opposition will say many things that are incorrect and may be upsetting. Please do not engage them. Speak positively about mountain biking. HMBA's leadership will respond to Indy Parks to counter the opposition's comments and point out things our opposition says that are factually incorrect.

WHEN: June 6, 2012
    Sign-in and seating will begin at 5:30 p.m.

Meeting will begin at 6 p.m.

WHERE: Pike Performing Arts Center
    6701 Zionsville Road, Indianapolis, IN

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Help HMBA get more access!

For those who can not attend, please sign the online petition for multi-use trails at Eagle Creek. Our opposition has a counter petition, and have people signing it form all over the county, so please sign, even if you do not live in Indianapolis.
    This is the most important meeting in the history of HMBA. Please reach out to your friends, talk to people you see at the trail head tonight, post info on your facebook page, etc.. Please help get the word out!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Ironically, it was a news story that I saw about this meeting that is getting me back in the saddle after a 10-year hiatus. I live next door to Eagle Creek and I look forward to visiting it in the near future on my bike.

Petition signed and thank you.

I signed the petition way back when, but I'm moving back to Indy after a 13yr absence and I'm looking forward to being able to help with this project.

I was in Indy this past weekend and rode Ft Harrison for the first time and had the most fun on my mtb that I've had in years. I hope something similar happens at Eagle Creek (currently looking at buying a house in some neighborhoods nearby, among others)

mtbr member
    I signed this a week or so ago. Thanks for your efforts! I'm a MTB newbie, but my wife and I visit Eagle Creek several times a week.