Ride Instigator

Brown County Trail Conditions?

I was thinking of heading to BC tomorrow (Fri. May 29th). I know there was a good amount of rain down that was in the last week, does anyone have any info on trail conditions?

Is there a web-site for the local trail group where trail conditions are posted regularly?

Thanky!

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    http://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php?board=27.0

Direct link to the Brown Co forum on the HMBA website. They were hacked, but the forums look to have survived mostly unscathed.

Looks like it might be questionable for Fri. (I'm hoping for some good weather for next week there!)

Good luck,

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by JmZ
    http://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php?board=27.0

Direct link to the Brown Co forum on the HMBA website. They were hacked, but the forums look to have survived mostly unscathed.

Looks like it might be questionable for Fri. (I'm hoping for some good weather for next week there!)

Good luck,

JmZ
    Thanks, just found that web-site with all the info that I needed. Shoulda' Googled b'fore I asked here . Agreed, not looking good for tomorrow...mebby next weekend I hope.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Take another look at the HMBA site for the latest posting.

BCSP did not get as much rain as the surrounding areas. The local radar shows the rains have passed. If we don't get anymore rain overnight or tomorrow, the trails should be good by afternoon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    For those coming this weekend, there is a Dino running race on Saturday and an mtb race on Sunday. The race will be on the Aynes and Firetower loops, so Limekiln, Walnut, Schooner, and HP will be unaffected.

Also, we hope to have Pine Loop opened by Saturday evening. If you are looking to help, come out on Saturday and help us deck the last bridge needed to get Pine Loop opened.

www.dinoseries.com
    www.hmba.org/smf

Paul

addicted to chunk
    Trails were great today.
    The beginner Pine trail is nice to connect to the other stuff, good job guys! Nice for the beginners to get a warm-up.

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark
    Trails were great today.
    The beginner Pine trail is nice to connect to the other stuff, good job guys! Nice for the beginners to get a warm-up.
    Ain't it the truth. Absolutely perfect out there today. (I tried to convince my riding group to stay another day - no go. )

A great ride, and the new pine loop was a blast. Not nearly as many people on that as the main trail.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...