mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Brown County Single Speed Friendly?

Planning on attending the women's skills clinic with my wife at Brown County next weekend. This will be our first visit to this trail system & I wonder if I should bring my single speed?

Can an reasonably fit old man in his 40's handle these trails on the ol' SS? I've heard great things about Brown County & can't wait to ride there.
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Bcsp

BCSP is single speed friendly. The trails are all laid out between 3 and 8 percent average grade. The expert trail has some steeper sections but it hard no matter what bike you are one.

Hoosier
    I love riding the singlespeed at Brown County. The climbs can get long but aren't too steep and you're almost always climbing or descending so there aren't really any flats to spin out on. Those are some great trails, enjoy.
    SS is like beer...its an acquired taste.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks. We don't have much clmbing here in Central Illinois either. I'm just now getting into my single speed "fitness zone" but don't want to blow up when we come over.

We've got some great trail reviews from local friends who've been there. Thanks in advance to all those who've been working hard to build these trails
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.