mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Brown County Questions

Hello, was gonna drive down from Michigan on Monday. A few questions:

Are trails 2 way trails ?,,looks this way for Schooner & Hesitation Point.

If trails are 2 ways would I have a good ride if I started at top of Hesitation, looped Aynes then returned and did Walnut/Schooner then go back to top ?

Thanks so much for any input or ride suggestions. I will put a link below for the map I was looking at.

http://www.getoutzine.com/files/Brow...B%20Trails.pdf

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    All of the current BCSP bike trails are two-way.

The link you have is missing Green Valley (*Edit*missing the west end of Schooner, too). I would take it rather than Aynes.
    Change Aynes to Green Valley with Hesitation Point. Definitely a great trail to ride.

Do Walnut through the end of Limekiln and back to Schooner if you are up to the added mileage. Limekiln is great both directions, and is like a roller coaster/ pump track.

More info
    Green Valley Info and Map

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Schooner

Thanks much,,whats your thoughts on Schooner Trace

powered by peanut butter.
    Yep, as Kronk says, all of the BCSP trails have two way traffic. The majority of riders do the North Tower and Aynes Loop clockwise, but plenty ride them the other way.

Here is a link to the official state park map: http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/brown_co_trail.pdf

In terms of the trails, Schooner, Walnut, and Hesitation are the most technical. (Schooner is a beast.) I like the suggestion to do Green Valley -- its a great, flowy trail. Climbing Anyes hurts a bit, but I like it and there is a fun, rocky downhill on the other side of the climb.

For a route, you could also consider parking at the recreation building (marked "F" on the park map) beside the Rally Campground and riding Limekiln--> Walnut--> Schooner--> Hesitation--> Green Valley--> Hesitation --> Walnut --> Limekiln. That'd be a big ride, especially if you like technical stuff.
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

powered by peanut butter.
    Schooner is tough, man. I'm pretty decent at technical riding, but on Schooner there is a bunch of stuff that I gotta walk. The trail goes through a beautiful part of the park, though, and it's well worth checking out.
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Hesitation Point

If I park at the top of Hesitation Point I should start with the downhill portion right ?,,and if so will (should) I make a left on Green Valley so I'm going clockwise at that point ?

Thanks again !

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

F spot

Now that I look at the map I like this suggestion, I think i might cut out Schooner though, my sons asthma might appreciate that..Any idea about how long if I take your suggested route without Schooner ?