growth

brown county, in.

is brown county at all rideable at this point or absolutley not? i've got a few days off and an itch but a limited budget so was looking for riding within 6 hours of central illinois. missouri? any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I can't say for sure, but it is probably too wet.

Check the HMBA.org website under BCSP. Someone near there might have an answer to current conditions.

Great trail btw if you have not been there.

mtbr member
    BCSP is still wet, and some trees down.You might try Chubb down in St.Louis or a hop further down the road to the Berryman. Otherwise you'd have to go to Southern Ky, into Knoxville or onto Pisgah. How bad are you jonesin to ride?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    im jonesing terribly bad... I thought of driving to pisgah.. I am in west central OH... I have a brand new RM Element that hasn't been off my driveway yet..

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    The Land Between the Lakes is basically closed down due to the ice storm. There are hundreds of trees across the trails. On top of that, it is still very muddy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpelaston
    im jonesing terribly bad... I thought of driving to pisgah.. I am in west central OH... I have a brand new RM Element that hasn't been off my driveway yet..
    What's in Pisgah? I live in Southern Ohio, but not familar with the Pisgah area. How are the trails and what kind of riding is it?

Thanks,

man the ramparts!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasted BLT
    What's in Pisgah? I live in Southern Ohio, but not familar with the Pisgah area. How are the trails and what kind of riding is it?

Thanks,
    didn't you hear? pisgah sucks... move along.

Pisgah=100's of miles of trails on some of the best terrain in the country. I'd recommend searching the North Carolina forum. Lots of ride info. on there.
    oh... I'm too depressed for murder and mayhem!

mtbr member
    Best MTB'in this side of the Mississippi.Ya better get your road trip on and go check it out.

mtbr member
    My avatar is the suspension bridge over South Mills River via Squirrel Gap. One of the best singletrack trails around.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go cruise the NC forum. Sounds like a good road trip this spring/summer.

CHOP!

Jonesing!!!

ALRIGHT... WTF IS THE DEAL HERE?

Is Brown County open or not?

I CAN'T TAKE THIS SH!T ANYMORE! I GOTTA RIDE!! NOW DAMN IT!!!
    It's not where it's made but how it's made.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Here's the deal. The weather in Indiana is unpredictable. We're expecting several inches of snow tonight up North. The trails could be nice, they could be full of mud. Brown County State Park is nice, even if you can't ride you can find plenty to do. Not bad road riding there either.

mtbr member
    Too much freeze thaw brah, like I said if ya wanna ride your gonna have to way north for the frozen tundra or south to S. Ky/ TN. or N.Caraline.
    Here's linky to latest on BCSP trail conditions
    http://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php?topic=2127.330

mtbr member
    Actually, you will have ride further south than KY. It's sloppy around here for most part.

Lot's of riding down around Knoxville and Chattanooga, TN if you don't want to ride all the way to Pisgah.

mtbr member
    I just rode this past weekend on the Sheltowee near Cumberland Falls and trails were fine.