mtbr member

Brown Co. Breakdown headcount

Anyone going? This will be my first decent ride since getting back to the sport about a month ago, really really looking forward to it. My wife and youngest daughter will be heading down with me on Saturday to look around and get our campsite set. We're camping at the Valley Branch retreat. Might be nice to meet up with a few people or at least meet at the starting area. I'm riding with the "take your time" group.

Lon

mtbr member
    Nobody?

mtbr member
    id love to go,but have all ready done a good bit of time away for roadtrips this fall,one of which was to Brown county. its an awesome place and im sure your going to have a blast, your family will have fun too as nashville is quite the neat little tourist town.

if you want some good food in town and are craving great thin crust pizza, Harvest Moon pizza really hit the spot, the margharita pizza was outstanding after a long day of riding. HAVE FUN AND WELCOME BACK!

mtbr member
    Thanks man. My wife is from Bulgaria (eastern Europe) and loves thin crust pizza so I'll give her a heads up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'll be riding it for the third year in a row. Great ride! I'll be doing the 75 mile route this year (if my legs will let me) and we'll be going off in the second starting group. I use to live in B-county and can fill you in on the area if you would like.

mtbr member
    Any info on what my wife and 6 year old daughter might do that day would be invaluable! I'm giving myself 3-4 hours to do the 20 mile route so I figure they'll go get some breakfast and maybe do a little shopping. Anything kid friendly nearby? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    There will be tons going on that day as it's "Leaf Season" in Brown County. I would tell your wife to have breakfast at the Daily Grind in Nashville. From there, just explore the town a bit. Everything is right in the village of Nashville and walkable (although you will have to drive to the Park). That time of year there's a little outdoor theatre that puts on different puppet type shows for kids. Don't worry, there won't be a lack of things to do.

mtbr member
    That's awesome, thanks so much for the info!

lon