mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Brown Co. bike rental?

I'm going to be flying in to visit family in Indiana sometime in April.(no date yet) I want to ride in Brown Co. State Park one of the days I'll be there. Are there any shops that rent bikes in Nashville, Bloomington or surrounding communities? I'll be staying in Carmel, so I could rent a bike in Indianapolis if I could also rent a rack for my rental car. My trip is in the early planning stages so all options considered. Thanks up front.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You might try BGI. It is close to Carmel.

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Stop by www.hmba.org, and I'm sure they can dish out some good advice.

And if you're stuck close to Carmel, if Town Run is open, it might be possible. If not Brown co is a blast, hoping to get get back there this summer.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Ya BGI is about it, Outside chance of Revolution Bike and Bean in Bloomington or Matt or John renting one of their spare rigs at Bicycle Station in C-bus.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Instead of renting a rack, you might rent a van and put the bike in the back. They cost little more than a car to rent and it will keep you bike "locked up". I live in Evansville area, so don't know the bike shops in Indy and Bton. There are many bike shops in both places so get on the internet phone book and make some calls. About 6 years ago, I was able to rent a tandem from a Bloomington bike shop for the Hilly Hundred by calling bike shops in Bloomington a few weeks before the event.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I know there is a Niner dealer near Indy because I talked to them when I was looking for a left over 2008 in October.

Here are the Niner dealers in the Indy area that Niner sent me which were by distance from Evansville so they might not have sent ones on the North side of Indy

Revolution Bike and Bean-Bloomington 812-336-0241
    The Bicycle Shop-Shelbyville 317-392-6853
    Joe's Cycles-Indianapolis 317-414-4592

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for your suggestions. I checked out BGI and it looks like I can rent a Giant Yukon for $50 overnite. My dad reminded me he has a Chevy Astro van I can borrow so that solves the rack issue. Brown Co. looks like a real blast. I just hope its dry. Weather isn't much of an issue in Southern CA.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    You might want to check this thread regarding trail conditions during your actual visit.
    http://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php?topic=2127.330