Laughable Man...haaaa

Ben Hawes Help - Owensboro,KY

Hey all,

I worked my way down to BH Rudy Mines this weekend and ended up having a frustrating day. The trails at Ben Hawes are very nice and the trail system itself seems well laid out with one major exception...

Where are the trail markers with directions?

On more than one occasion I ended up going up a singletrack backwards because I followed the markers with their arrows. There is lots of dualtrack in the park that helps shuttle riders to the trailhead for the singletrack but too often its a crapshoot as to whether I am going the right way.

I am VERY used to singletrack being marked for direction and local maps do not have the luxury of arrows.

Any tips or local knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I really do not want to be an obstacle to other riders and I am open to learning how riders figure this out when they hit a new trail system far from home.

Thanks

Dan
    I see you rolled your way into the Semi's...Dios Mio Man...

mtbr member
    I'm from owensboro ky, there is not a right or wrong direction to the trails at Ben hawes.... It kinda Sucks if you ask me I would love to have a one way trail. I can tell you that most riders ride counter clockwise myself included.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Laughable Man...haaaa
    David,

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the trail was CCW on the blue loop but following the signs it had me going CW.

Where do you usually jump on the blue?

Dan
    I see you rolled your way into the Semi's...Dios Mio Man...

mtbr member
    From the parking lot facing the trailhead map you go right, about 1.1 miles into it will cross a double track trail then more single track then one more double track, cross that and you come to a junction with three directions, left, center, and right.... Take the right hand trail.... Kind of confusing but just think keep making right hand turns. Here is a link to a ride I had out there you should be able to trace it
    Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 6miles near Owensboro | Times and Records | Strava

Edit: I had the wrong ride link