mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Beginners ride Quail Hollow State Park Ohio

Gonna be hosting a leisurely mountain bike ride for newbies and people that dont want to ride 400 miles and hour. We will be having people that never rode a trail before, with people that just want to take in nature and enjoy being outdoors. Between my group and a few friends, we will have about 20 so far. All of you people that want a nice ride on a beginner trail, feel free to come. We have many rides for all levels, but this one is for the newbies and people to socialize. Lunch to follow after.. info and video on this

Slow Ride,Take it Easy. Beginner Mountain Bike Ride at Quail Hollow State Park - Spokes N' Jokes (Berea, OH) - Meetup

Thats my group, I also have one for akron too.

eric
    I like to ride my bike.

Hermit
    Great idea. Quail Hollow is absolutely ideal for introducing newbs and younger riders to singletrack. And it can be a lot of fun for intermediate riders as well, trying to turn out some fast laps. I try to get over there at least a couple of times each summer to enjoy the flow.

BTW that video you linked to is one of mine. That's my son and nephew on the trail - first time on singletrack for the nephew. He's hooked now, and recently got a nice XC bike of his own.

I know some younger people who are itching to learn to ride singletrack. Maybe we'll be able to head out that way on May 20.

Good luck with the ride!

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    STEVE, JOIN OUR GROUP...we love people that just love the aspect of biking.
    I like to ride my bike.

Hermit
    Done - just to keep in touch with other riders in the area.

Keep in mind that I make maps for the local trail systems - if you need a map for a ride shoot me an email.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry

My insignificant blog:

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks..do you know any beginners?
    I like to ride my bike.

Hermit
    Kind of funny this came up when it did...

Last night I took my son to the Boy Scout troop he'll be joining. While I was there I ended up talking to one of the people that helps with our local trail building project, and she mentioned that she's working with a BSA Venture Crew (Venture is a Scout organization for teen boys and girls, focused on exposing them to outdoors "adventures"). She knows I'm a rider, and mentioned that they had discussed having the Crew try out some mountain biking, but didn't know how to go about it. I mentioned your outing at QH and she seemed very interested.

So it's nothing solid as of yet, but I'm going to forward her the date, a trail map, and a link to that video. I also told her that I'd come and talk to the Crew ahead of time to give them an idea of what to expect and what they'll need. Could be that there are a half dozen Venture Scouts show up!

I'll keep you informed if things solidify and definite plans are made.

Thanks for getting the ride together - it's a good thing!

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry

My insignificant blog:

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Steve, check out the other rides I posted.. on Spokes N' Jokes.. I watched a lot of your videos and enjoy your riding style..
    I like to ride my bike.

Hermit
    Quote Originally Posted by icecube89 View Post
    Steve, check out the other rides I posted.. on Spokes N' Jokes.. I watched a lot of your videos and enjoy your riding style..
    I saw some of the things you guys have coming up. I'd bet that after the weather gets a little bit more predictable that I'll be joining the group for at least a ride or two.

Thanks about the videos. My goal is to show that you can have fun riding even if you're not in peak condition and catching big air. Seeing as I'm definately not in peak condition and have promised my wife I'll stay on the ground I can make it look easy.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry

My insignificant blog:

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Would love to have like minded riders along.. I wanna set a ride up for alum creek
    I like to ride my bike.