mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Attention Fort Wayne Area Riders.

The city is has a survey posted about expanding bike lanes, connections on the greenway, and cycling safety. I don't have much confidence given recent decisions, but might as well voice your opinion, it can't hurt anything.

http://www.cityoffortwayne.org/forms/bicycle_survey.php

I'm SUCH a square....
    Did the survey about 3 times over the past month, my dude; hope it does some good.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

I'm SUCH a square....
    UPDATE FOR EVERYONE WHO'S INTERESTED:

The Mayor of Ft Wayne announced on March 21 that the city will build three bike lanes in areas of higher bicycle traffic. All are slated to happen this year.

I have personally met the Mayor, and he is genuine in his support for cycling advocacy. I have never been more proud of my hometown.

I intend to keep tabs on the Rudisill project, as I intend to be one of the first to RIDE it after completion!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm keeping tabs on the Lima Rd project. It'll be perfect for my trip home from work. Getting there is not the problem as traffic is light at 5:30 am. Also Friday May 15 is bike to work day. The first 100 commuters get a free cup of coffee and a bagel downtown at the north plaza of the city / county building from 7a-9a.

This does not help me, as I work 6a-6p on the north west side of the city, but it is a nice gesture to the cycling community.

I'm SUCH a square....
    I could do the coffee/bagel thing, as the kids are off school that day! Just might -- and hey, nate, 1st bite's for you!