mtbr member

Asheville NC to Indianapolis help please

A friend and I are heading to Indianapolis from Asheville for a main purpose other than biking but want to check out some trails along the way. Would you guys have any trail suggestions that wouldn't stray too far from the route. Something freerideish and jumpy would be sweet. No big epic miles please because we won't have that much time.

Thanks guys!!

aka greyranger
    Brown county, depending on the time because of it still may be wet. Over in Illinois there is Kickapoo near Danville, and there are some trails in Peoria, IL

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I just parked my motorhome in Brown County. Will be riding my Niner in the morning. Can give you a trail report tomorrow afternoon

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Peoria is quite a ways from Indy. Brown county is about an hour south of the city. Between Asheville and Indy, if you head up north to 70, you'll go near Horns Hill where they have some FR / DH, but that's out of the way as well.

When are you coming? March is probably the worst time to mountain bike in Indiana, it's too wet and the weather is unpredictable.

Riding or Drumming
    +1 on BrownCounty

On the way north, try Cave Run in the Daniel Boone N.F. just east of Lexington on 64. Lots of fun singletrack with plenty of climbing if needed.
    Last edited by funkydrum; 03-14-2009 at 12:50 PM.
    Tallboy
    Salsa El Mariachi SS
    Salsa Vaya
    Salsa Mukluk
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Rained out?

Yo funkydrum - ya'll get rained out or are you down at cave run? I'll likely be hitting the HNF Sunday morning - jump in if you rolled back north. Should be some decent stuff here and there. Let me know.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Brown County in great shape!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Try Town Run Park in Indy, a 7 mile loop of singletrack that is well maintained. It is on the North side of city.