mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Anything around/in Indianapolis area?

Yes there is Brown County I know (but that is a bit more south and I am coming from the North).

But I'm looking for recommendations in the Indy area including areas around Anderson, Muncie, Carmel, Fishers etc.

This is mainly for trails I could hit up while on trips down to the Indy area.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Town Run is on the North side of Indianapolis, Ft. Harrison on the East side, Southwestway on the South side. Can't recall the name of the one in Avon/Plainfield area.
    Also Rangeline Nature Preserve in Anderson.
    Check HMBA.org

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    In addition to what is posted above, there is also Westwood Park in New Castle, south of Muncie

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    OK this doesn't tell me what I should check out, let me rephrase:

What are the people's favorite trails in Indy area?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    OK this doesn't tell me what I should check out, let me rephrase:

What are the people's favorite trails in Indy area?
    If you are looking strictly in the Indy area around the northside, Town Run Trail Park...end of story. It's a fast flowing 7 mile single track right at 96th St and Hazeldale parkway. It's very well maintained and always full of riders that you can ride with or talk to.

Town Run

Other trails I've ridden are Avon (Washington Township Park) which used to be a lot better 3 or 4 years ago but then they ran a damn road right through the middle of the park.

Also I've been to southwestway park but personally I didn't find it that fun.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Well, I live 2 hours away from Indy,so I would plan a day and try them all out. A group of us were down at Fort Harrison on Saturday, but we didn't get to ride. It isn't far from Town Run on the NE side. If you come from the North, you will pass close to Rangeline in Anderson, so it is easy to ride those 3 in one trip.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks!