mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Anyone around the Vincennes, Indiana area?

Anyone around the southern Indiana area? Looking for someone to ride with

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I live in Hazleton and ride all around our area, what kind of riding are you looking to do? I'm heading to Brown County this Sunday with some guys.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    i just got into mountain biking but looking to do some trail riding. im going with a few friends next month to new harmonie. im about as much of a newb as you can be tho. just got my bike. my helmet and shorts and stuff should be here tomorrow. what time are you guys headed out?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Very cool, I hope you enjoy mountain biking, it's a ton of fun if you like the outdoors. Harmonie SP is a great trail for beginners, and still fun as heck when you're a seasoned rider...very fast! I rode down there last Friday evening.

Also check out French Lick & Scales Lakes (Boonville, IN), they are both more technical, but a ton of fun once you learn the flow of the trails.

We're heading up to BCSP around 7am Eastern time Sunday. 30 miles of trail riding, may be a bit more than you can take at this time...

Laughable Man...haaaa
    I am in Evansville.

I highly recommend Scales but it does get hairy really fast and you can bite off more than you (the figurative "you" of course) can chew real quick. New Harmonie is cool, but its been a while since I was out there (kind of a drive for me). Ben Hawes is in Owensboro, KY but also a ride I recommend. So much trail and so much to learn.

I wouldn't call myself a newb...but my fitness could always be better so slow is the word I use to describe myself.

Check out Breck's (LBS) in Evansville, they do group rides on Thursdays. They do Angel Mounds (not really a big place) as a night ride. I like it in the day but do not have the gear to run it night yet.

Would love to get in on some French Lick/BCSP action...but yeah...30 miles of solid riding might be the end of me.
    I see you rolled your way into the Semi's...Dios Mio Man...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hope you guys had fun up there. I rode here in Vincennes saturday. Had a blast. Wish there were more decent trails there tho. On the 14th a few buddies and I are going to new harmonie and riding after work. Looking forward to that

mtbr member
    I live in Oakland City and ride Harmonie State Park, Angel Mounds regularly. I'm a big Ol' Clyde and pretty slow, but enjoys the trails! Are there trails in the Vincennes area?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    There's ouabache trails( pronounced wabash). It's on the northern edge of town. Its not to bad. Could use some lovin tho.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Owensboro, here. Seconding Durango, Scales is a great challenge and Ben Hawes in Owensboro is a great spot.

I'm looking forward to riding Brown County.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Linton Conservation Club is still open. Going out today to cut some dead fall off and ride a bit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I live in Western KY, but work in Henderson (just south of Evansville) I have only been riding a month, but have been to Ben Hawes the last 3 weekends and plan to go this Thursday and Saturday. When we have more daylight hours I would not mind setting up a ride after work in the Southern IN area.