Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Anybody here around Louisville KY???

Hello, i was just wondering if anybody on here lives in Louisvillle, KY? im still trying to grow my trail legs and have been looking at some of the local trails. so far the only trail ive been on is the one next to the Jim Beam plant outside of Bardstown. Today i went to Waverly Park and walked about 3 miles of there trails and i think i need alot more work before i can ride those trails. has anybody rode the trails at Waverly Park???

Go make a difference
    I have not, nor do I live in that area anymore, but I'd get up and check out Cherokee Park as well. There's a nice loop there that's pretty good for an intown trail system.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i was going to check that one out tomorrow. I really live in Shepherdsville so im trying to hit the ones with in a 25 mile radius of me.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I live in louisville. I will help you out. Contact me via email or private message.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    PM'ed

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Waverly is less technical than Cherokee, but has some harder climbs. Check out the KyMBA forums on www.bikeclicks.com if you want more info on local trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    thanks ive checked out that website but it doesnt ever have much posted on it. Right now the climbs are killing me as fat as i am, but damnit im trying!!!! i just got back from riding 4.5 miles of the Bike Hike Pike trail at the Jim Beam plant.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Definitely keep riding. It might take a while to get in shape, but eventually you'll get there. Cherokee Park has some easier areas, but there are still a few climbs in there. Make sure to make good use of your gears and don't 'mash' too hard.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    thanks, im also going thur water like crazy. ive got a 21 oz bottle and carry a 16 oz bottle i carry im my saddle bag and like today after 4.5 miles was out. i know i need to get a camel back but being ive been layed off money is kinda tight.

I went to Cherokee Park today but was stopped by a couple of people because i had forgot my helmet at home, and was told i had to have it on to ride on the trails. So i just left and rode at the Jim Beam plant.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Always wear a helmet. I don't know how many times I've hit my head in Cherokee, but it's happened quite a bit (mostly on trees/branches that had partially fallen).

Cherokee has a number of water fountains where you can fill your bottles. Just bring a helmet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I hear ya, i was going to go back to Cherokee today but insted i have to go pick up a Trek 3700 13inch for my wife. Schellers loves me , lol.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I actually work in shepherdsville but live in louisville and I ride cherokee 2 or 3 times a week. I got in a wreck and need to get a new front wheel before I can get back to riding though

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    do you work at publishers??? my bikes in the shop right now because of a bad sound coming from the crank and its shifting by its self. do you know where a good trail map of cherokee is???
    Mine-2010 Trek 4300 Disk
    Wifes-2010 Trek 3700

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jrherald420
    do you work at publishers??? my bikes in the shop right now because of a bad sound coming from the crank and its shifting by its self. do you know where a good trail map of cherokee is???
    I work at the warehouse across from lowes.

http://www.olmstedparks.org/src/pdf/trail-map.pdf

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    cool are they hiring??? lol im in need of a job.
    Mine-2010 Trek 4300 Disk
    Wifes-2010 Trek 3700

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Heres a good (popular) cherokee loop...pretty sure its a little over 5 miles long.
    http://louisvilleshorttrack.com/home...rowdown-xc.php

also, there are some good trails in seneca not shown on the cherokee maps...seek and you shall find.
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    cool thanks!!! im hoping my bike will be done tomorrow so the wife and i can go on sunday. thanks for the trail map!!!
    Mine-2010 Trek 4300 Disk
    Wifes-2010 Trek 3700

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    heading to Cherokee park right now!!! wohooo!!!!
    Mine-2010 Trek 4300 Disk
    Wifes-2010 Trek 3700

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    well it didnt go as well as i wanted, just .60 miles into my ride i found a 3 inch round "stump" sticking up out of the ground on the trail. needless to say my nuts went into the stem ripping my zipper out and spliting my boxers wide open. i sat on the trail for about 20 mins puking, trying to get back up and see strait all while trying to straiten up my handle bars. now my junk has chunks missing, a badly brused elbow and a sharp shooting pain in my lower back. but i will be back!!!!!!
    Mine-2010 Trek 4300 Disk
    Wifes-2010 Trek 3700

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Ha! You're supposed to miss those. Which section were you riding? There are some easier sections in the park, but you do have to watch out for trees.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i went on the trail at the fountaion and went to the right. i went accross the road and was almost at the top of the hill when i crashed. it wasnt a tree, it was where someone had cut down a sapling. it was about 2 inches around and sticking up about an inch or 2 out of the ground.
    Mine-2010 Trek 4300 Disk
    Wifes-2010 Trek 3700

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yeah, I hear you. I've hit a few of those out there (I'm not really sure why they're left like that).

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i dont know, you would think as many times that they have trail work done out there the people would know how to remove stuff like that. as soon as this pain in my back goes away ill be back out there again.
    Mine-2010 Trek 4300 Disk
    Wifes-2010 Trek 3700

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    jrherald:Hey. I lived in Sheepville for 30 years. Last year I moved up to Mt Washington. I will show ya around Waverly whenever you want.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    cool, if i can ever get a chance to ride again between school work and tests ill take you up on that offer. do you know of anything more local to ride around here except at jim beam???
    Mine-2010 Trek 4300 Disk
    Wifes-2010 Trek 3700

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast