mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Any River Trails in Northern Illinois?

How is the river riding along the Fox River around Algonquin?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    None? I'm riding from Crystal Lake to Aurora. I suppose I just follow the river correct?

mtbr member
    May 2008

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I was wondering if there were fisherman walking trails I could take on a fatbike. I'm going down for Thanksgiving and I want to create my own adventure so I don't lose my mind.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You can check out the new trail the Chicago Area Mountain Bikers (CAMBr.org) just built in Carpentersville. Ride the new trail then explore the old race track.

Raceway Woods, Carpentersville | Northern Illinois Trail Guides | CAMBr - Chicago Area Mountain Bikers

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Fox River Trail is paved the whole way. There's a little bit of single track along the way, but not much.
    If you see another fatty with a big hound, it's me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Pressure View Post
    Fox River Trail is paved the whole way. There's a little bit of single track along the way, but not much.
    If you see another fatty with a big hound, it's me.
    Are you Chuck? Because I saw a Chuck on the way down there. I rode all the way to Aurora. Stopped in Main Street bikes, chatted a bit about the MTB trails, then rode to Raceway. The downhills are really nice, the berms could use a little more packing yet but that berm that exits onto a tabletop jump is pretty cool. I could see flying down that thing on a purpose built bike for sure.