mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Any Riding groups in Central IN?

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a riding group or club in central Indiana that get together for a ride on a regular basis. I know about the HMBA and dINo but I am looking for a small group with a regular weekly get together. I would just ride with my friends but most of them are not interested in Mountain bikes. Thanks for any info,

Seth

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    This may not help at all,but if i were in central IN,say-"Terrible Haute," then i would be riding Kickapoo near Danville all the timez! Fun F'n trail network out there. Don't know of any riding groups there,Hoosiers aren't exactly the most recreative types,nor are we Illinois folk. Thats why i got the hell outta there and moved west

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Yea, I've been wanting to get out to kickapoo. Not in my neck of the woods though. I live near Avon, I typically ride at Washington park through the week and 96th st. on the weekends.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Check around with local cycling clubs, you'll find something.

Here in Fort Wayne, we have a regular group that rides about 3 times a week, year round. There's another active group in Winona Lake with several rides a week leaving from Trailhouse.

Special Lister
    I ride Town Run early in the morning usually 2-3 times a week since I live 15 min from it. I also like to get up to Ridgeline in Anderson once in awhile and of course Brown County. I am mostly by myself except for the weekend and there is another guys that joins me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I just found out that there is a "Bike and Brew" ride at town run every tues. Sounds like fun. How do you like rangeline? I used to ride a dirt bike out there when they had a MX track (about 8 years ago) but I don't remember any mountain bike trails.

Special Lister
    Rangeline is great. A little hard to follow. A lot of signs telling you the difficulty of the trail (expert, novice ect), but not much in direction. Some of the expert sections are really roller coaster like. I love those. Also there are a couple of areas that have raised platforms to test your balance. I just got a new bike tonight and am eager to test it out.

mtbr member
    I'd be interested if anyone knows of groups around indy.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm north of Indy a ways in Sheridan. I ride town run about once a week by myself. Not very fast. I'm thinking about building a pump track in the back of my subdivision.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb349
    Yea, I've been wanting to get out to kickapoo. Not in my neck of the woods though. I live near Avon, I typically ride at Washington park through the week and 96th st. on the weekends.
    I live in Brownsburg and ride at Washington Park as well. Mainly because it's close. I've recently gotten back into riding after taking some time off to have children now that they are 5 and 2 I'm starting to get time to ride again. I ride with some buddies on weekends and we go to Brown County, Kneebow Ridge, France Park, etc.

I'm sure you would be welcome to join us sometime. I'll keep in touch and PM you when we plan a ride if you are interested.