Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any Newbie's Near Louisville?

815 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  justanoldhobo 
#1 ·
Any riders who are new to the sport or still have beginner to light intermediate skills looking for a biking partner near Louisville KY?:confused: I have friends that might go with me but none of them have a bike. I have 2 but the second is a walmart special. Looking to do some riding in cherokee park and then venture out to other parts of louisville once I wear those trails out.:D

Oh yea im 25 years old and not in great shape(not a racer), but not bad either.
If you know a few hot chicks we can meet up with for drinks afterwards that would be an added bonus.... Just kidding... unless you really know some.

#2 ·
I live in Louisville during the week but don't ride as much as I would like. The only trails I have ridden in/around Louisville are Waverly and Duffield.

Have you tried checking out Bikeclicks.com, it is a Kentucky MTB forum and a good number of the members are from around Louisville. On the homepage just go to community and click on KyMBA and it will take you to the forums.

#6 ·
Ferdinand

The Ferdinand trails are all in good shape. There is a little water in the dips and the Foxy Hollow trail crosses a small stream but good conditions. Nice climbs and downhills. I had to bail off a few times when I couldn't keep the front down on some steeps.
The park has running water, restrooms, and a small lake or two. You can clean your bike and yourself near the trails. Campsites are well taken care of . Tics abound so a repellent would be a good idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.