mtbr member

New question here. Any Newbie's Near Louisville?

Any riders who are new to the sport or still have beginner to light intermediate skills looking for a biking partner near Louisville KY? I have friends that might go with me but none of them have a bike. I have 2 but the second is a walmart special. Looking to do some riding in cherokee park and then venture out to other parts of louisville once I wear those trails out.

Oh yea im 25 years old and not in great shape(not a racer), but not bad either.
    If you know a few hot chicks we can meet up with for drinks afterwards that would be an added bonus.... Just kidding... unless you really know some.
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Full XT cockpit
    Thompson X4 Elite Stem
    Easton Haven Carbon Handlebars / Seatpost

I live in Louisville during the week but don't ride as much as I would like. The only trails I have ridden in/around Louisville are Waverly and Duffield.

Have you tried checking out Bikeclicks.com, it is a Kentucky MTB forum and a good number of the members are from around Louisville. On the homepage just go to community and click on KyMBA and it will take you to the forums.

mtbr member
    Cool thanks
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Full XT cockpit
    Thompson X4 Elite Stem
    Easton Haven Carbon Handlebars / Seatpost

Blind biker
    Im in new albany till august when i move to indianapolis.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Anyone interested in riding the trails at Ferdinand In.

Ferdinand is not far from Louisville. I am heading over this afternoon and will report on it tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Ferdinand

The Ferdinand trails are all in good shape. There is a little water in the dips and the Foxy Hollow trail crosses a small stream but good conditions. Nice climbs and downhills. I had to bail off a few times when I couldn't keep the front down on some steeps.
    The park has running water, restrooms, and a small lake or two. You can clean your bike and yourself near the trails. Campsites are well taken care of . Tics abound so a repellent would be a good idea.